Portable O2 Question

M

MeasureInLove

I now need O2 more than just at night so my doctor put in a prescription for something I could take outside of my house (I have a home concentrator that plugs in). So after a back and forth for three weeks (because they wanted to give me regular tanks which I explained I could not easily handle by myself), the company that supplies my O2 told me my insurance wouldn't cover a portable oxygen concentrator (actually they had the nerve to tell me I should just buy one). I'm putting in a call to my insurance today. Has anyone else come across this problem? Were you given other options? Seems odd that my insurance wouldn't cover something more portable.

dbtoo2

I was first told the same thing. The way around may be to explain that you must frequently travel for longer than 4 hours and that your stays usually take 3-5 days (typical o2 tank will only last 2-4 hours from what I was told.) That due to the traveling, the portable o2 concentrator is a necessity, not an option. And if you do travel, check before with the airlines, my understanding is that some airlines only permit certain manufactures machines on their planes.

This is only an opinion. But it is what happened in my case. But I do occasionally travel for work, so I need to have it with me.