portable oxygen concentrators

tara

I use oxygen at night and I have one of those huge loud concentrators at home. My healthy insurance only contracts with one DME company. Unfortunately for me, they DO NOT provide travel accommodations at no cost to me. My doctor has prescribed me "continuous flow" oxygen therapy, so most of the smaller portable oxygen concentrators are out of the question, as the smaller, lighter, newer technology concentrators are all "pulse flow" not "continuous flow".

I did find a website that shipped a portable concentrator (the Squel Eclipse) to my hotel and I paid $300 for a one week rental. Then I found out my DME has the Sequel Eclipse available for patient rental, but I have to drive there, pick it up and drop it off when I'm done. It costs me $75 a week (much cheaper!)

tara

I use oxygen at night and I have one of those huge loud concentrators at home. My healthy insurance only contracts with one DME company. Unfortunately for me, they DO NOT provide travel accommodations at no cost to me. My doctor has prescribed me "continuous flow" oxygen therapy, so most of the smaller portable oxygen concentrators are out of the question, as the smaller, lighter, newer technology concentrators are all "pulse flow" not "continuous flow".

I did find a website that shipped a portable concentrator (the Squel Eclipse) to my hotel and I paid $300 for a one week rental. Then I found out my DME has the Sequel Eclipse available for patient rental, but I have to drive there, pick it up and drop it off when I'm done. It costs me $75 a week (much cheaper!)

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />I did find a website that shipped a portable concentrator (the Squel Eclipse) to my hotel and I paid $300 for a one week rental. Then I found out my DME has the Sequel Eclipse available for patient rental, but I have to drive there, pick it up and drop it off when I'm done. It costs me $75 a week (much cheaper!)

NYCLawGirl

Don't most airlines provide oxygen for people with diagnosed need? I'm not sure if it's free or not (I think it might vary by airline?), but I'm pretty sure I remember reading some information on that somewhere. Sorry, I know that's really vague and doesn't answer your original question, but as far as flying goes it might offer some solution.

My concentrator is also huge. I would love a smaller version for travel but don't see it happening.

NYCLawGirl

Don't most airlines provide oxygen for people with diagnosed need? I'm not sure if it's free or not (I think it might vary by airline?), but I'm pretty sure I remember reading some information on that somewhere. Sorry, I know that's really vague and doesn't answer your original question, but as far as flying goes it might offer some solution.

My concentrator is also huge. I would love a smaller version for travel but don't see it happening.

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

NYCLawGirl

<br />
<br />My concentrator is also huge. I would love a smaller version for travel but don't see it happening.

Skye

I believe that most airlines do not like to provide O2 and it is quite a hassle to get it. That is based on very little research though. I forgot to mention another option. Most oxygen companies work with other cities to provide needs for their patients when they travel. For example, I went on a short trip one time and the travel concentrator was not available because some moron left the cord in CA. They called the city I was going to and made arrangements for another concentrator to be delivered to my hotel room. No cost to me for a few days. It really does depend on your O2 needs and if you need it 24/7. I just put the big concentrator in the bathroom so I did not have to listen to it.

Skye

I believe that most airlines do not like to provide O2 and it is quite a hassle to get it. That is based on very little research though. I forgot to mention another option. Most oxygen companies work with other cities to provide needs for their patients when they travel. For example, I went on a short trip one time and the travel concentrator was not available because some moron left the cord in CA. They called the city I was going to and made arrangements for another concentrator to be delivered to my hotel room. No cost to me for a few days. It really does depend on your O2 needs and if you need it 24/7. I just put the big concentrator in the bathroom so I did not have to listen to it.

Skye

Skye

Skye

jfarel

Thanks for the input. I really don't fly, but I was thinking if I go away on vacation this summer I will need continuous oxygen.

jfarel

Thanks for the input. I really don't fly, but I was thinking if I go away on vacation this summer I will need continuous oxygen.

jfarel

jfarel

jfarel