Ports Again

MissKitty

I dont know if you have made your decision yet but I just got my very first port about 10 weeks ago. I LOVE IT!!!! The PICC was a hassle and was hard to cover up and I felt like I was limited to what I could do. The port (I got the powerport CT, which is smaller than a quarter) I can do whatever I want. Its awesome! Its not even noticeable at all, theres just a little scar where it was put in. It doesnt hurt to touch and if it is accessed I cant really even tell, the tape is the worst but thats only because I have very sensitive skin and the tape, even with the PICC, tears my skin. Hope that helps! Good luck!

MissKitty

I dont know if you have made your decision yet but I just got my very first port about 10 weeks ago. I LOVE IT!!!! The PICC was a hassle and was hard to cover up and I felt like I was limited to what I could do. The port (I got the powerport CT, which is smaller than a quarter) I can do whatever I want. Its awesome! Its not even noticeable at all, theres just a little scar where it was put in. It doesnt hurt to touch and if it is accessed I cant really even tell, the tape is the worst but thats only because I have very sensitive skin and the tape, even with the PICC, tears my skin. Hope that helps! Good luck!

MissKitty

MissKitty

MissKitty

LittleFlav

You could get the port in your chest, that helped me when I had my broviac because I could still do my vest and play hockey with out it getting in the way. Personally I think the chest port is the way to go, because it doesnt get in the way.

LittleFlav

You could get the port in your chest, that helped me when I had my broviac because I could still do my vest and play hockey with out it getting in the way. Personally I think the chest port is the way to go, because it doesnt get in the way.

LittleFlav

LittleFlav

LittleFlav

falbie13

I was super hesitant about getting a port and managed to avoid it for years, but ended up getting one because they were having trouble getting picc lines in. I have mine on the side of my breast, no one can see it. I also had a passport placed, which is the smallest type. You just have to talk to you doctor and the surgeon who is going to put it in about your options. The only downside to my placement is that I cant access it myself. It was a hard decision to make but now that I have one, I can def. say it was the right choice.

falbie13

I was super hesitant about getting a port and managed to avoid it for years, but ended up getting one because they were having trouble getting picc lines in. I have mine on the side of my breast, no one can see it. I also had a passport placed, which is the smallest type. You just have to talk to you doctor and the surgeon who is going to put it in about your options. The only downside to my placement is that I cant access it myself. It was a hard decision to make but now that I have one, I can def. say it was the right choice.

falbie13

falbie13

falbie13

Get a port! Please do ! I've had one for like 6 years...and I'm 13! Ports are awesome and it's cool because no veins and "searching" for a vein. Get one because it's so helpful. You will NOT regret it.

Get a port! Please do ! I've had one for like 6 years...and I'm 13! Ports are awesome and it's cool because no veins and "searching" for a vein. Get one because it's so helpful. You will NOT regret it.