Ports Again

bananagirl

Well I am still thinking about getting a port. I am really thinking I don't want one but I will probably get it next year before college cuz I don't want to have to miss school to get picc lines put in. Anyway, I hate IV's but I don't mind picc lines is there anyone who has a port and didn't mind getting picc lines if this is you do you like the port better and why. Also I am thinking I will get a port in my arm but I am wondering if it will limit what i can do. Does anyone have a port in there arm what do you like and dislike about it? I really don't like having things in me that aren't me like my g-tube is a port noticeable to you? Like do you ever feel it not by touching it but like with my g-tube it like gets pulled in sometimes and i feel it and it bugs me does stuff like this happen with a port? I want to know everything you would ever want to tell anyone about a port so I don't make a mistake in getting one or in waiting to get one.

bananagirl

Well I am still thinking about getting a port. I am really thinking I don't want one but I will probably get it next year before college cuz I don't want to have to miss school to get picc lines put in. Anyway, I hate IV's but I don't mind picc lines is there anyone who has a port and didn't mind getting picc lines if this is you do you like the port better and why. Also I am thinking I will get a port in my arm but I am wondering if it will limit what i can do. Does anyone have a port in there arm what do you like and dislike about it? I really don't like having things in me that aren't me like my g-tube is a port noticeable to you? Like do you ever feel it not by touching it but like with my g-tube it like gets pulled in sometimes and i feel it and it bugs me does stuff like this happen with a port? I want to know everything you would ever want to tell anyone about a port so I don't make a mistake in getting one or in waiting to get one.

bananagirl

bananagirl

bananagirl

ChevyZ71

I would HIGHLEY recomend getting a port. Almost everyone I know that has one loves it, The only person I know that doesnt like it is becuase they waited three months to flush it and they have had troubles ever since. I used to get picc lines, but where I am from they dont do Piccs, so I had to drive four hours to get one. Mine is great. It is in my chest and I dont even notice it. It does not suck in like my gtube, it just chills there and you dont even know its there. You will be able to see it iff you are really thin, but girls can hid the port better under there skin becuase they are um "thicker" there I guess you can say. It is so nice to just put a needle in and start your meds.
I woud NOT recomend getting it in your arm, if you are like me and getting ready to go to college you will want to be free and not need someone to access it for you. You need both hands to access it, if its in you arm you only have one hand, and if its in your arm it will "move" around more than if its in you chest, plus when your on IV meds you can just stick the tubing in your shirt rather than if its in your arm ever one can see it.

I hope this helps and just ask if you have anymore questions.

ChevyZ71

I would HIGHLEY recomend getting a port. Almost everyone I know that has one loves it, The only person I know that doesnt like it is becuase they waited three months to flush it and they have had troubles ever since. I used to get picc lines, but where I am from they dont do Piccs, so I had to drive four hours to get one. Mine is great. It is in my chest and I dont even notice it. It does not suck in like my gtube, it just chills there and you dont even know its there. You will be able to see it iff you are really thin, but girls can hid the port better under there skin becuase they are um "thicker" there I guess you can say. It is so nice to just put a needle in and start your meds.
I woud NOT recomend getting it in your arm, if you are like me and getting ready to go to college you will want to be free and not need someone to access it for you. You need both hands to access it, if its in you arm you only have one hand, and if its in your arm it will "move" around more than if its in you chest, plus when your on IV meds you can just stick the tubing in your shirt rather than if its in your arm ever one can see it.

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

ChevyZ71

<br /> I woud NOT recomend getting it in your arm, if you are like me and getting ready to go to college you will want to be free and not need someone to access it for you. You need both hands to access it, if its in you arm you only have one hand, and if its in your arm it will "move" around more than if its in you chest, plus when your on IV meds you can just stick the tubing in your shirt rather than if its in your arm ever one can see it.
<br />
<br />I hope this helps and just ask if you have anymore questions.

I have a port and I'm 13. I've had it for about 6 years and sometimes I hate it, but it's better then nurses and doctors poking at your veins. I highly recommend it. Mine is in my chest and that's probably the best place to put it. But do whatever you want, I highly recommend one.

I have a port and I'm 13. I've had it for about 6 years and sometimes I hate it, but it's better then nurses and doctors poking at your veins. I highly recommend it. Mine is in my chest and that's probably the best place to put it. But do whatever you want, I highly recommend one.

iamnina3178

I have had a port for 18 years. I now access it myself and I LOVE IT! It has never given me any limitations on sports whether its accessed or not, flushing it everyone month isnt bad at all. If you have any questions at all just let me know! My first port lasted 7 years but i grew out of is second one is 11 years old right now.

iamnina3178

I have had a port for 18 years. I now access it myself and I LOVE IT! It has never given me any limitations on sports whether its accessed or not, flushing it everyone month isnt bad at all. If you have any questions at all just let me know! My first port lasted 7 years but i grew out of is second one is 11 years old right now.

iamnina3178

iamnina3178

iamnina3178