Ports...

mander31880

I just got my port in October 2008. I was really worried about not being able to do the things I did before. I am able to ride my horses, lift weights, do push-ups, run, etc. I used it for abx the first time in April and it was a blessing. No pokes for blood draws or IV's. Nothing puts me in a bad mood faster than the lab tech having to stick several times for a blood draw at 3am, but that wasn't an issue. I did get a pneumothorax when they put it in and required a chest tube, but I think I'm susceptible to pneumos. All in all, I think it takes the stress out of hospital stays and you can concentrate on getting better.

mander31880

I just got my port in October 2008. I was really worried about not being able to do the things I did before. I am able to ride my horses, lift weights, do push-ups, run, etc. I used it for abx the first time in April and it was a blessing. No pokes for blood draws or IV's. Nothing puts me in a bad mood faster than the lab tech having to stick several times for a blood draw at 3am, but that wasn't an issue. I did get a pneumothorax when they put it in and required a chest tube, but I think I'm susceptible to pneumos. All in all, I think it takes the stress out of hospital stays and you can concentrate on getting better.

mander31880

mander31880

mander31880

Transplantmommy

I got my first port in August 2001 and then I got my second one, after the first one clotted, in January 2006. It was a simple procedure both times, although sore for at least a few days. I loved it and thought that it was much better than PICCs. Other than a little bump right above my breast, you couldn't see anything unless I was on IV antibiotics and it was accessed with a needle. But even then, it was pretty well hidden by my shirts.

Both of the ones that I had worked great and if I had to have another one, I would get it in a heartbeat instead of having peripheral IV's or PICCs. My second one was removed a few months after my double lung and liver transplant in January 2007. I didn't need it anymore.

Transplantmommy

I got my first port in August 2001 and then I got my second one, after the first one clotted, in January 2006. It was a simple procedure both times, although sore for at least a few days. I loved it and thought that it was much better than PICCs. Other than a little bump right above my breast, you couldn't see anything unless I was on IV antibiotics and it was accessed with a needle. But even then, it was pretty well hidden by my shirts.

Both of the ones that I had worked great and if I had to have another one, I would get it in a heartbeat instead of having peripheral IV's or PICCs. My second one was removed a few months after my double lung and liver transplant in January 2007. I didn't need it anymore.

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

Transplantmommy

<br />
<br />Both of the ones that I had worked great and if I had to have another one, I would get it in a heartbeat instead of having peripheral IV's or PICCs. My second one was removed a few months after my double lung and liver transplant in January 2007. I didn't need it anymore.

Asexyblond23

I am on my second port now. My first one was put in in 1998 and lasted 8 years. I just got my second one in may of 08. I LOVE it. It makes iv's feel like nothing. Its no trouble, hassle and I can hookup meds and go on with life. If you have any questions send me a message I would love to talk to you about mine.

Asexyblond23

I am on my second port now. My first one was put in in 1998 and lasted 8 years. I just got my second one in may of 08. I LOVE it. It makes iv's feel like nothing. Its no trouble, hassle and I can hookup meds and go on with life. If you have any questions send me a message I would love to talk to you about mine.

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23

Asexyblond23