Ports

sidekickj

I have a new port located in my left femural artery. Haven't met or even read of anyone else having one placed there. Anybody out there with the same thing?

sidekickj

I have a new port located in my left femural artery. Haven't met or even read of anyone else having one placed there. Anybody out there with the same thing?

sidekickj

sidekickj

sidekickj

marisalynn

I have seen PICCs inserted into the femoral artery. I have not yet seen a port there, but I am sure that it is fairly common. Did they mention a particular reason for putting it there? Just curious!

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

I have seen PICCs inserted into the femoral artery. I have not yet seen a port there, but I am sure that it is fairly common. Did they mention a particular reason for putting it there? Just curious!

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

Marisa RN, 22w/CF

marisalynn

<br />
<br />Marisa RN, 22w/CF

sidekickj

The port I had from the time I was a teen finally clotted and I needed a new one. When they tried to place a second one in the upper chest it didn't work. They searched all over for a good spot, and that's where it landed. I is so much better than having one on the chest. You can't even see the outline...only the scar.

sidekickj

The port I had from the time I was a teen finally clotted and I needed a new one. When they tried to place a second one in the upper chest it didn't work. They searched all over for a good spot, and that's where it landed. I is so much better than having one on the chest. You can't even see the outline...only the scar.

sidekickj

sidekickj

sidekickj