Ports

M

meggzzie

I HATED picc lines. They're annoying and inconvienient. Ports are so much better as they leave you free to use both arms. Yeah, I know picc lines shouldn't affect the use of your arms, but when I had them, I refused to bend my arm for the two weeks of IVs I would have, which frankly made me look like a bit of an idiot. But I was younger, and convinced that I'd damage the picc by bending my arm too much, as it was put in at the inside of the elbow area.

Plus, the fact that putting a port needle in takes all of 2 seconds, so lying still on a table whilst they shoe a tiny tube up your arm vein is SO uncomfortable. That said, many still prefer piccs to ports. There is the small fact that to have a port you end up with a scar, but thats better than ending up with jacked out arm veins to me.

M

meggzzie

I HATED picc lines. They're annoying and inconvienient. Ports are so much better as they leave you free to use both arms. Yeah, I know picc lines shouldn't affect the use of your arms, but when I had them, I refused to bend my arm for the two weeks of IVs I would have, which frankly made me look like a bit of an idiot. But I was younger, and convinced that I'd damage the picc by bending my arm too much, as it was put in at the inside of the elbow area.

Plus, the fact that putting a port needle in takes all of 2 seconds, so lying still on a table whilst they shoe a tiny tube up your arm vein is SO uncomfortable. That said, many still prefer piccs to ports. There is the small fact that to have a port you end up with a scar, but thats better than ending up with jacked out arm veins to me.

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

M

meggzzie

<br />
<br />Plus, the fact that putting a port needle in takes all of 2 seconds, so lying still on a table whilst they shoe a tiny tube up your arm vein is SO uncomfortable. That said, many still prefer piccs to ports. There is the small fact that to have a port you end up with a scar, but thats better than ending up with jacked out arm veins to me.

PORTS ARE THE BEST THING EVER!!!
Well, not really. But they are better then IVs in your veins. I'm 13 and I have a port in my chest. I think you should get a port in your chest rather then your arm. In your arm more people are going to ask you what it is. And its less noticable in your chest. Sure, it's awkward having it in your chest but remember...THIS IS YOUR HEALTH. I've had my port for either 4 or 6 years...and I'm 13. So I think you should get a port because it's useful whenever you need blood drawn or need an IV in the hospital. And my veins are all used up from IVs. And your port can never be used up. If you have any questions about ports, dont hesitate to send me a message. My screenname is peanutsowers8996. Good luck and hope everything goes well!

Well, not really. But they are better then IVs in your veins. I'm 13 and I have a port in my chest. I think you should get a port in your chest rather then your arm. In your arm more people are going to ask you what it is. And its less noticable in your chest. Sure, it's awkward having it in your chest but remember...THIS IS YOUR HEALTH. I've had my port for either 4 or 6 years...and I'm 13. So I think you should get a port because it's useful whenever you need blood drawn or need an IV in the hospital. And my veins are all used up from IVs. And your port can never be used up. If you have any questions about ports, dont hesitate to send me a message. My screenname is peanutsowers8996. Good luck and hope everything goes well!

<br />Well, not really. But they are better then IVs in your veins. I'm 13 and I have a port in my chest. I think you should get a port in your chest rather then your arm. In your arm more people are going to ask you what it is. And its less noticable in your chest. Sure, it's awkward having it in your chest but remember...THIS IS YOUR HEALTH. I've had my port for either 4 or 6 years...and I'm 13. So I think you should get a port because it's useful whenever you need blood drawn or need an IV in the hospital. And my veins are all used up from IVs. And your port can never be used up. If you have any questions about ports, dont hesitate to send me a message. My screenname is peanutsowers8996. Good luck and hope everything goes well!

DannysMom

My son has a g tube and the port in his chest. the port is alot less noticeable then the gtube.. He likes it alot better than having to get a iv put in everytime he goes into the hospital.. the only thing that is the downside is that he has to have it flushed 1 a month if it is not being used.. Otherwise, I'm glad we had it put in...

DannysMom

My son has a g tube and the port in his chest. the port is alot less noticeable then the gtube.. He likes it alot better than having to get a iv put in everytime he goes into the hospital.. the only thing that is the downside is that he has to have it flushed 1 a month if it is not being used.. Otherwise, I'm glad we had it put in...

DannysMom

DannysMom

DannysMom