Positive for staph aureus and klebsiella

newmom

My 6 month old son with no symptoms keeps getting positive swabs for staph aureus and klebsiella. He has been treated with Clavulin three times and now they want to put him on long term clavulin. I am uncomfortable with this decision and wondering if anyone has some insight or experience in this area?

newmom

My 6 month old son with no symptoms keeps getting positive swabs for staph aureus and klebsiella. He has been treated with Clavulin three times and now they want to put him on long term clavulin. I am uncomfortable with this decision and wondering if anyone has some insight or experience in this area?

newmom

newmom

newmom

S

SarahProcter

I'm sorry that I have no experience or insight to offer. But I suggest that you post this either in Families or Adults as those forums have much more traffic, and hopefully someone there can help you. Best wishes.

S

SarahProcter

I'm sorry that I have no experience or insight to offer. But I suggest that you post this either in Families or Adults as those forums have much more traffic, and hopefully someone there can help you. Best wishes.

S

SarahProcter

S

SarahProcter

S

SarahProcter

G

grantsmom

My 10 month old son Grant has cultured staph since he was two months old. His doctor does not treat this unless there are symptoms.

G

grantsmom

My 10 month old son Grant has cultured staph since he was two months old. His doctor does not treat this unless there are symptoms.

G

grantsmom

G

grantsmom

G

grantsmom

tabbycat821

My son, who is 5 months old usually cultures for those as well. They only treated him once he had symptoms and they put him on Bactrum. Hes been on it twice now, but I have a feeling that he will culture for it again at his visit Thursday. I understand your concern about long term treatment I too am concerned they may do this with my son.The Bactrum helps but only temporarily.

tabbycat821

My son, who is 5 months old usually cultures for those as well. They only treated him once he had symptoms and they put him on Bactrum. Hes been on it twice now, but I have a feeling that he will culture for it again at his visit Thursday. I understand your concern about long term treatment I too am concerned they may do this with my son.The Bactrum helps but only temporarily.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821