Possible CF - Need Help

ktsmom

The short version of our dx story is that our daughter had a rectal prolapse in the 5-day period while we were waiting for the results on a sweat test. I'm sorry to say that the research I did at the time indicated that a rectal prolapse (in the "developed" world) very likely means CF.

I don't think you are overreacting. Given all of the other things going on, I would certainly push for a definitive diagnosis from a doc familiar with CF or a certified CF clinic. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes.

ktsmom

The short version of our dx story is that our daughter had a rectal prolapse in the 5-day period while we were waiting for the results on a sweat test. I'm sorry to say that the research I did at the time indicated that a rectal prolapse (in the "developed" world) very likely means CF.

I don't think you are overreacting. Given all of the other things going on, I would certainly push for a definitive diagnosis from a doc familiar with CF or a certified CF clinic. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes.

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

<br />
<br />I don't think you are overreacting. Given all of the other things going on, I would certainly push for a definitive diagnosis from a doc familiar with CF or a certified CF clinic. Best wishes, and let us know how it goes.

JennifersHope

Hi Barbara.. I have to chime in with the others.. I would be very surprised if you daughter did not have CF. You for sure are not over reacting.. I am a Peds ER nurse and so many times, even with my own care, I try to manage myself, treat myself etc.. BIG Mistake...

Please push the testing.. See Ambry Genetics for a full CF mutation panel.

If you need more information it is the first post on the top of the family section page...

Good luck, let us know

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Hi Barbara.. I have to chime in with the others.. I would be very surprised if you daughter did not have CF. You for sure are not over reacting.. I am a Peds ER nurse and so many times, even with my own care, I try to manage myself, treat myself etc.. BIG Mistake...

If you need more information it is the first post on the top of the family section page...

Good luck, let us know

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good luck, let us know

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good luck, let us know

Jennifer

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />Please push the testing.. See Ambry Genetics for a full CF mutation panel.
<br />
<br />If you need more information it is the first post on the top of the family section page...
<br />
<br />Good luck, let us know
<br />
<br />Jennifer