Potty training

tara

Does your son have a ritual when he poops in his diaper? For example does he hide behind furniture or stop playing with his toys? My hunch is, if you notice a ritual, then he knows when he's pooping. And even if he knows when he's pooping I hate to say it, but you have a very normal 3 year old.

My twins do not have CF. They are both potty trained, but like you, my son will not poop on the potty. He wears underwear all day and actually asks me for "a baby diaper" to go poop. He is mentally not ready to poop on the potty and frankly, it's not a battle I'm worried about winning. It will happen with time.

Now on the other spectrum, if his poops are so loose he may not realize he's pooping at all. Up to 10 poops a day seems like an awful lot even for a CFer. (and your poor wallet! that's a lot of diapers!) I know you said you switched enzymes but maybe if you elaborated more on which ones he's been on and which one's you're trying now, how many he takes etc. there might be more advice along those lines from parents that have been there as well. What other meds is he on? What kinds of foods does he like/eat every day?

Just trying to help. Good luck.

tara

Does your son have a ritual when he poops in his diaper? For example does he hide behind furniture or stop playing with his toys? My hunch is, if you notice a ritual, then he knows when he's pooping. And even if he knows when he's pooping I hate to say it, but you have a very normal 3 year old.

My twins do not have CF. They are both potty trained, but like you, my son will not poop on the potty. He wears underwear all day and actually asks me for "a baby diaper" to go poop. He is mentally not ready to poop on the potty and frankly, it's not a battle I'm worried about winning. It will happen with time.

Now on the other spectrum, if his poops are so loose he may not realize he's pooping at all. Up to 10 poops a day seems like an awful lot even for a CFer. (and your poor wallet! that's a lot of diapers!) I know you said you switched enzymes but maybe if you elaborated more on which ones he's been on and which one's you're trying now, how many he takes etc. there might be more advice along those lines from parents that have been there as well. What other meds is he on? What kinds of foods does he like/eat every day?

tara

tara

tara

<br />
<br />My twins do not have CF. They are both potty trained, but like you, my son will not poop on the potty. He wears underwear all day and actually asks me for "a baby diaper" to go poop. He is mentally not ready to poop on the potty and frankly, it's not a battle I'm worried about winning. It will happen with time.
<br />
<br />Now on the other spectrum, if his poops are so loose he may not realize he's pooping at all. Up to 10 poops a day seems like an awful lot even for a CFer. (and your poor wallet! that's a lot of diapers!) I know you said you switched enzymes but maybe if you elaborated more on which ones he's been on and which one's you're trying now, how many he takes etc. there might be more advice along those lines from parents that have been there as well. What other meds is he on? What kinds of foods does he like/eat every day?
<br />
<br />Just trying to help. Good luck.