Prayers for Lezly Hodge

JENNYC

Sorry for the delay!! I've been swamped this morning! Lezly update 9:55AM: We've been in and seen Lez. The results of the blood gases test done earlier show a little bit of a rise in her CO2 level to 83. Not the direction we were looking for but we are still believing that there is a plan and a purpose and that she will be healed. We are disappointed but not defeated!! Our God is in control of it all and we continue to trust completely in Him!!! Please continue to pray for her and us - Neen Hodge

She's still hanging in there with us!! Please continue to pray!!!

JENNYC

Lezly update 6:35pm: We just talked to Lez's dr. He was disappointed and concerned that the results showed a rise in the CO2 level but he said disappointed but not defeated. He prescribed a diuretic for fluid retention and potassium and also a steroid to reduce the inflammation in the airways... and we wait for the results from tomorrow's vlood gasses test.. As always, please continue to pray for Lezly and us....Wade Hodge

Lezly update 10:44pm: We've been back to tell her goodnight. Now we wait for the results of the test they'll do at 3am. We're believing the CO2 levels result will be lower. Please pray with us for this and that GOD will continue re-building her lungs from the inside out. I know He is able, His healing power is no lacking... God bless all those who pray with us and for us... Thank you all so much!!! .... Wade Hodge

JENNYC

Lezly update 8:25pm: Well ...what do I say? Dr N said that altho the co2 was lower than yesterday, it was still not enough. He said we can't stay in neutral and we need to do something. So tomorrow they are going to start weening her off of sedation and see what happens. She opened her eyes a few times today but again he said it wasn't enough. His words "we need a miracle by tomorrow" Everyone please pray for one!!!! ...Neen Hodge

Oh Lezly we are praying so hard for you!! You can do this!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 1:30PM: Lezly's CO2 level this morning was 77.0 and her pH was in normal range. We were hoping for a bigger drop in her CO2... then about 11 the pulmonologist came in and made some changes on the vent machine... they did another blood gasses test at 1 and her CO2 levels had dropped to 59.6... PTL!!! then Dr N came in and was very pleased with the change, calling it "divine intervention"... he is still cautious about bringing her off the vent and will proceed slowly to make sure her lungs are strong enough before they try... Her X-rays still show pneumonia but that's treatable... the miracle is happening before our eyes... your prayers are making this happen... Thank you for your continuing prayers!!!!

JENNYC

Sorry all I have been so busy this morning!!
Lezly update 3:25pm Today: I didn't have time to post what was going on as it happened...I was back there with Lez when the dr came in and made the call to start ween off process.. he turned the machine mostly off(it provided the air but did not make her breathe) and Lez breathed on her own totally for almost 2 hours *PTL PTL PTL*... they turned it back on because she had a real good coughing spell that really took it out of her... the dr said she did really good and she needed to get a good nights sleep because we're gonna do it again tomorrow.. it's happening.. the miracle is manifesting... your prayers are much needed and appreciated....Neen Hodge

Jumping for joy right now!!! Praise the Lord is right!!!

JENNYC

Lezly update 11:44am: Wednesday: Lez is breathing on her own and has been for about an hour. She seems a little tired but still breathing away...praying for strength and peace for her and that we'll have calm encouragement to give her to keep her going...Neen Hodge

R

rose2wood

So glad to hear about answered prayers. I pray for continued strength and healing. God is good!!!!!

M

marcijo

I'm so glad Lezly is breathing on her own! I hope she continues to improve!

Marci

JENNYC

Sorry guys, no internet at home is killing me!!
LEZLY UPDATE 10:30AM Sunday: Well, we had a bit of a scare last night... I didn't post it as an update right away because, well, it was scary... Lezly extubated herself, not sure if accidentally or otherwise... they had to replace it and this one isn't working quite as well as the first one... the plan for a trach is still on for tomorrow morning and having it in place before 9 but I'm sure that is a flexible and optimistic aim... the re-intubation was hard on her and they have her sedated again not only to ease her discomfort but keep her from doing it again... the prayers and faith of those standing with us will bring the miracle to full... thanks so much for the encouragement and support... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE NOONISH Saturday: Lezly is being such a sleepyhead this morning... we've been in her room since about 7 this morning and she's slept most of the time... I'm guessing she didn't sleep very well last night... the dr on call this weekend is planning on putting the trach in on Monday although we're hoping (and praying) he'll be persuaded by Lezly's CF doctor to do it today.... Her CO2 is up a little this morning but I don't think it's too much to worry about... We're still standing... and praying.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

LEZLY UPDATE 10:30am Sunday: Well we had a bit of a scare last night... I didn't post it as an update right away because, well, it was scary...Lezly extubated herself, not sure if accidentally or otherwise...they had to replace it and this one isn't working quite as well as the first one... the plan for a trach is still on for tomorrow morning and having it in place before 9 but I'm sure that is a flexible and optimistic aim.. the re-intubation was hard on her and they have her sedated again not only to ease her discomfort but keep her from doing it again... the prayers and faith of those standing with us will bring the miracle to full... thanks so much for the encouragement and support

LEZLY UPDATE 10:50pm Sunday: Not much change today...Lezly is sedated to ease her discomfort and keep her from extubating herself again...she's been asleep most all day...tomorrow is the scheduled day for her getting a temp trach...please be in prayer for her in the morning....Neen Hodge

JENNYC

She is such a wonderful person!! Can't say enough good things about her!!

LEZLY UPDATE 11:45PM Monday: Lezly was awake when they let me back in the ICU unit at 8:30... she was not having a good time with the new trach... she's still a bit sedated and was not used to the feeling of the new stuff... she seemed to calm a little with me holding her hand but she's still not a happy camper... i think she's a bit upset with me for some reason (maybe because I wasn't there when she woke up) and wouldn't look at me even when i talked to her... maybe tomorrow when the sedation has worn off completely she'll be in a better frame of mind... thanks so much for your prayers today... they totally made the difference... what we all need now is a good night's rest so we can face tomorrow refreshed... please continue to remember us when you pray.... Still standing!!!.... Wade Hodge

A

Allansarmy

I feel for this young lady. This shows you that even a simple procedure can possibly have ramifications. Unfortunately she was at that time in her life that she probably needed this feeding tube. My son got the tube placed when he was 10 and it was a very hard decision for me and my wife. After the tube placement my boy gained 25 pounds in 6 months, so please do not read this thread and think twice about getting the tube placed if you are severely under weight.

Prayers are going to her and her family.

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 9:40AM Wednesday: We've been back in to see Lezly... she's heavily sedated and sleeping... breathing just over the vent which is good... the results of the blood gasses test shows her CO2 to be at 99, which is not good but much better than the 130+ that it was yesterday... we're looking for a much better day today than yesterday... GOD and your continuing prayers are the reasons for this change... we're still standing on the promises.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 7:42PM Wednesday: The dr has stopped one of the IV's that kept Lezly from breathing so fast... Her color is much better today and she looks like she's just sleeping... her CF dr says we stay the course and expect a better day tomorrow... He tells us her system just has no reserve to bounce back quickly from anything new so I'm hoping that all the "new" stuff is over for a while until she rebuilds her strength... we know WHO is able to renew her strength... thank you so much for your continued prayers for her and us... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 10:20AM Thursday: They've run us out to give Lezly a bath... she's still sedated but she looks good... the elevated CO2 levels are causing her to retain fluid again... the levels are a little lower today but still too high... her hands are looking a little puffy but we expect that to change soon as the CO2 levels continue to go down... I told her happy birthday and that there were many people sending birthday wishes and prayers for her... thank you all on her behalf but I'm sure she will thank you herself when she is able.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR FRIEND!!! LOTS OF LOVE AND PRAYERS GOING YOUR WAY!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 8:20PM Thursday: Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! Lezly is still sleeping but the drs are adjusting her sedation down slowly... she's moving a little but not aware of anything yet. She missed her birthday but we're planning on having her party when she's back home at Papa's... Her CO2 level is lower today but still high and her pH is still not in the normal range... the drs are wanting to start her on physical therapy as soon as she's awake enough to get her muscles moving and strengthened... we're still standing on the promise of her healing and GOD to show the drs what HE can do after they've done all they can.... thank you for your prayers... Wade Hodge

Get better Lezly!! I have such good news to share with you! You are a huge part of the reason that my baby girl is doing so well!! Love you girl!! Praying, Praying Praying!!!

JENNYC

LEZLY UPDATE 7:45PM Sunday: It's been a good day for Lez... she was able to be out of her bed for a while... the phys therapy team put her in a chair that allowed her to sit up and feel a little more like herself... I'm trying to work out a way for her to communicate with us better so she can let us know what she wants to know... her CO2 levels were still elevated a little but the dr said it's not that important a detail at this point because she is doing better otherwise... this is what comes from prayer and standing... and we will continue to do both.... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.
LEZLY UPDATE 11:51PM Sunday: ICU is locked down for the night... Lezly was sleeping when we left... they sedated her a little but not overly so... She was worn out by the getting out of bed for a short time... I think they're going to try and get her out of bed for a longer time tomorrow and work with her some more... not sure when they'll begin to try and wean her off the vent again, drs haven't said... i think they are more focused now on rebuilding her strength before they try again... praying and standing for full healing... expecting an even better day tomorrow... — with Lezly Hodge and 2 others.

K

katethekid

Thank you for keeping us updated. We're keeping Lezly and her family in our thoughts and prayers.