Pre-natal Screening

MargaritaChic

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tiffado</b></i>
I just dont understand why people get so defensive about the whole thing....CF is CF. </end quote></div>

I am hoping that I can state this in a way that won't upset anyone, but...

But to me, your post is the only one in this thread that I found to be defensive.

Also, if you feel that CF is CF, then why the need to point out that your child has a mild or atypical form. Should it matter?

But do I have to think about her CF as much as other mothers may have to....I dont think so.</end quote></div>

I am not familiar with your previous posts, but just seeing the ones in this thread... wow! I can understand why it might rub people the wrong way.

I am happy to hear your baby is doing well.

Just a suggestion... if you don't want people to comment on 'atypical' or 'mild' CF then maybe you should think about whether it is necessary to keep throwing those terms into the converstation. Like you said CF is CF.

MargaritaChic

I just dont understand why people get so defensive about the whole thing....CF is CF. </end quote></div>

But to me, your post is the only one in this thread that I found to be defensive.

Also, if you feel that CF is CF, then why the need to point out that your child has a mild or atypical form. Should it matter?

But do I have to think about her CF as much as other mothers may have to....I dont think so.</end quote></div>

I am not familiar with your previous posts, but just seeing the ones in this thread... wow! I can understand why it might rub people the wrong way.

Just a suggestion... if you don't want people to comment on 'atypical' or 'mild' CF then maybe you should think about whether it is necessary to keep throwing those terms into the converstation. Like you said CF is CF.

MargaritaChic

MargaritaChic

I just dont understand why people get so defensive about the whole thing....CF is CF. </end quote>

But do I have to think about her CF as much as other mothers may have to....I dont think so.</end quote>

MargaritaChic

<br />I just dont understand why people get so defensive about the whole thing....CF is CF. </end quote>
<br />
<br />I am hoping that I can state this in a way that won't upset anyone, but...
<br />
<br />But to me, your post is the only one in this thread that I found to be defensive.
<br />
<br />Also, if you feel that CF is CF, then why the need to point out that your child has a mild or atypical form. Should it matter?
<br />
<br /><div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Tiffado</b></i>
<br />But do I have to think about her CF as much as other mothers may have to....I dont think so.</end quote>
<br />
<br />I am not familiar with your previous posts, but just seeing the ones in this thread... wow! I can understand why it might rub people the wrong way.
<br />
<br />I am happy to hear your baby is doing well.
<br />
<br />Just a suggestion... if you don't want people to comment on 'atypical' or 'mild' CF then maybe you should think about whether it is necessary to keep throwing those terms into the converstation. Like you said CF is CF.
<br />
<br />

grassisgreener

I agree that it sounds like you are being defensive, which is your right but isn't necessarily good for you or your daughter. I think if you are comfortable with your childs health and care then you shouldn't be concerned with other's opinions bc you know your child the best. If you let yourself become defensive than you may close off information that could be beneficial, not to mention turn off people who could potentially be a great support/resource.

Also, if you make a big deal out of her being "atypical" or "mild" on a messageboard, than it may become a big deal...on the other hand, if you don't make a big deal out of it than it won't be.

Hang in there and enjoy your girl!

grassisgreener

I agree that it sounds like you are being defensive, which is your right but isn't necessarily good for you or your daughter. I think if you are comfortable with your childs health and care then you shouldn't be concerned with other's opinions bc you know your child the best. If you let yourself become defensive than you may close off information that could be beneficial, not to mention turn off people who could potentially be a great support/resource.

Also, if you make a big deal out of her being "atypical" or "mild" on a messageboard, than it may become a big deal...on the other hand, if you don't make a big deal out of it than it won't be.

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

grassisgreener

<br />
<br />Also, if you make a big deal out of her being "atypical" or "mild" on a messageboard, than it may become a big deal...on the other hand, if you don't make a big deal out of it than it won't be.
<br />
<br />Hang in there and enjoy your girl!
<br />

Mommy2Alysa

I didnt even think to get tested to see if I was a carrier for CF or not as I had no clue what it was (no one in my family has it so we must all be carriers)

Alysa was diagnosed a month before I knew about KIana so it was all new to me. We went and got an amnio done because I didnt think I could go 9 months not knowing if my child would be sick or not and plus (because it was genetics) we got to find out 100% what we were having.

Mommy2Alysa

I didnt even think to get tested to see if I was a carrier for CF or not as I had no clue what it was (no one in my family has it so we must all be carriers)

Alysa was diagnosed a month before I knew about KIana so it was all new to me. We went and got an amnio done because I didnt think I could go 9 months not knowing if my child would be sick or not and plus (because it was genetics) we got to find out 100% what we were having.

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

Mommy2Alysa

<br />
<br />Alysa was diagnosed a month before I knew about KIana so it was all new to me. We went and got an amnio done because I didnt think I could go 9 months not knowing if my child would be sick or not and plus (because it was genetics) we got to find out 100% what we were having.

Tiffado

Im pretty sure before these posts I havent really brought up her being mild. But I have seen people get commented to when they say their child is atypical so I was hesitant to use those phrases.

Not to mention this has NOTHING to do with what this thread is about.....so lets move on.

Tiffado

Im pretty sure before these posts I havent really brought up her being mild. But I have seen people get commented to when they say their child is atypical so I was hesitant to use those phrases.

Not to mention this has NOTHING to do with what this thread is about.....so lets move on.

Tiffado

Tiffado

Tiffado

<br />
<br />Not to mention this has NOTHING to do with what this thread is about.....so lets move on.