Pre-transplant depression

BSJCA

Hi everybody,

I am about to begin all the testing to be listed. My FEV1 is about 30 to 33% and I'm generally feeling very anxious, depressed and alone. My husband is great but it is ultimately happening to me. I have a very active internal self, always living in my head which is not good. I get myself more stressed. My husband is about to explode with stress too, so I tell myself to pretend to be strong for his sake, but then anxiety/depression strike and all my self control go out the window. I wish I could just relax and see the positive. I do experience periods of real hope and joy at the thought of what my life could be like if the Tx is a success.

BSJCA

Hi everybody,

I am about to begin all the testing to be listed. My FEV1 is about 30 to 33% and I'm generally feeling very anxious, depressed and alone. My husband is great but it is ultimately happening to me. I have a very active internal self, always living in my head which is not good. I get myself more stressed. My husband is about to explode with stress too, so I tell myself to pretend to be strong for his sake, but then anxiety/depression strike and all my self control go out the window. I wish I could just relax and see the positive. I do experience periods of real hope and joy at the thought of what my life could be like if the Tx is a success.

BSJCA

Hi everybody,

BSJCA

Hi everybody,

BSJCA

Hi everybody,
<br />
<br />I am about to begin all the testing to be listed. My FEV1 is about 30 to 33% and I'm generally feeling very anxious, depressed and alone. My husband is great but it is ultimately happening to me. I have a very active internal self, always living in my head which is not good. I get myself more stressed. My husband is about to explode with stress too, so I tell myself to pretend to be strong for his sake, but then anxiety/depression strike and all my self control go out the window. I wish I could just relax and see the positive. I do experience periods of real hope and joy at the thought of what my life could be like if the Tx is a success.

Liza

Pre-transplant with jitters, depression, low self confidence

Hi! I just want to say that you need to talk with someone. I feel you probably know that and that is why you are here. First step, so that is good! Speaking as a mom, I know it is hard to accept all that is happening to you. Have you reached out to your husband? You've pushed away your friends so that they don't know about you having CF? I don't know where you are in the evaluation process but I advise you find out if there is a support group and go. You need to meet and talk with others that are going through and have gone through what you are going through right now. No one there is going to judge you or think you are "ugly" because you are wearing a canula, at some point they've all been there. Are you close to your CF team? The social worker? Perhaps talking with them, face to face.

Try to think about what's to come. One piece of advice I've heard is to set some goals on what you want to do when you get your new life. Perhaps call up one of your old friends, one that was closest to you before you pushed them away and come clean. Tell them why you isolated yourself and that you are hoping you can resume your friendship.

As for fundraising... We did very little. Our insurance covered 100% except for relocating. My family did a breakfast, I have a huge family, and we and my parents belong to the local VFW where my mom also did a breakfast and a few other things and my aunts work put together a golf tournament. I've heard of people doing fundraisers through their church or work. If either you or your husbands family are members of a veterans organization like the VFW, Am. Legion etc. perhaps they would consider doing a fundraiser. Spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, auction or yard sale.

I hope something here helps. I am sure you will get responses from people who've gone through it themselves. Me, I'm just a mom. Big hugs, it will get better, be strong and accept the help people want to give you if you just let them know.

Liza

Hi! I just want to say that you need to talk with someone. I feel you probably know that and that is why you are here. First step, so that is good! Speaking as a mom, I know it is hard to accept all that is happening to you. Have you reached out to your husband? You've pushed away your friends so that they don't know about you having CF? I don't know where you are in the evaluation process but I advise you find out if there is a support group and go. You need to meet and talk with others that are going through and have gone through what you are going through right now. No one there is going to judge you or think you are "ugly" because you are wearing a canula, at some point they've all been there. Are you close to your CF team? The social worker? Perhaps talking with them, face to face.

Try to think about what's to come. One piece of advice I've heard is to set some goals on what you want to do when you get your new life. Perhaps call up one of your old friends, one that was closest to you before you pushed them away and come clean. Tell them why you isolated yourself and that you are hoping you can resume your friendship.

As for fundraising... We did very little. Our insurance covered 100% except for relocating. My family did a breakfast, I have a huge family, and we and my parents belong to the local VFW where my mom also did a breakfast and a few other things and my aunts work put together a golf tournament. I've heard of people doing fundraisers through their church or work. If either you or your husbands family are members of a veterans organization like the VFW, Am. Legion etc. perhaps they would consider doing a fundraiser. Spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, auction or yard sale.

I hope something here helps. I am sure you will get responses from people who've gone through it themselves. Me, I'm just a mom. Big hugs, it will get better, be strong and accept the help people want to give you if you just let them know.

Liza

Liza

Liza

<br />
<br />Try to think about what's to come. One piece of advice I've heard is to set some goals on what you want to do when you get your new life. Perhaps call up one of your old friends, one that was closest to you before you pushed them away and come clean. Tell them why you isolated yourself and that you are hoping you can resume your friendship.
<br />
<br />As for fundraising... We did very little. Our insurance covered 100% except for relocating. My family did a breakfast, I have a huge family, and we and my parents belong to the local VFW where my mom also did a breakfast and a few other things and my aunts work put together a golf tournament. I've heard of people doing fundraisers through their church or work. If either you or your husbands family are members of a veterans organization like the VFW, Am. Legion etc. perhaps they would consider doing a fundraiser. Spaghetti dinner, pancake breakfast, auction or yard sale.
<br />
<br />I hope something here helps. I am sure you will get responses from people who've gone through it themselves. Me, I'm just a mom. Big hugs, it will get better, be strong and accept the help people want to give you if you just let them know.

Lex

I did fundraising because I worked to help support the mortgage and raising a baby.

We held a testimonial dinner...people paid $30 for a ticket. They showed up to the restaurant and then donated more once they were there. My wife mostly organized it.

You'll be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when they hear you need help. I was stunned.

Lex

I did fundraising because I worked to help support the mortgage and raising a baby.

We held a testimonial dinner...people paid $30 for a ticket. They showed up to the restaurant and then donated more once they were there. My wife mostly organized it.

You'll be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when they hear you need help. I was stunned.

Lex

Lex

Lex

<br />
<br />We held a testimonial dinner...people paid $30 for a ticket. They showed up to the restaurant and then donated more once they were there. My wife mostly organized it.
<br />
<br />You'll be surprised who comes out of the woodwork when they hear you need help. I was stunned.

paintfreak939

I to am a very private and active person. I can only tell you about my experience and that is give up the feeling you can do this alone. You cant! No transplant center will let you do it with out a network of people. Even if you had the best insurance in the world and everything was covered the cost is staggering to get this gift. So dont be alone. Tell your friends, let them see you were your at now and let them help, they are your friends. ask questions, read and take no one answer as gospel is what i have found.

your friendly
c-efer

paintfreak939

I to am a very private and active person. I can only tell you about my experience and that is give up the feeling you can do this alone. You cant! No transplant center will let you do it with out a network of people. Even if you had the best insurance in the world and everything was covered the cost is staggering to get this gift. So dont be alone. Tell your friends, let them see you were your at now and let them help, they are your friends. ask questions, read and take no one answer as gospel is what i have found.

your friendly
c-efer

paintfreak939

your friendly
c-efer

paintfreak939

your friendly
c-efer

paintfreak939

<br />
<br />
<br />your friendly
<br />c-efer