Prednisone Burst

rotandroll

I just did a super high burst of steroids and among all of the wonderful things that come along with it, my back and chest completely broke out. They aren't small pimples either, they're more like small cysts and they are everywhere. It's painful, not to mention totally gross. Does anyone have any tips on helping to clear my skin up? I haven't had this problem since I was a teenager. I am keeping my skin clean and using prescription tretinoin gel once a day... will I just have to wait this out until it clears up on it's own?

rotandroll

I just did a super high burst of steroids and among all of the wonderful things that come along with it, my back and chest completely broke out. They aren't small pimples either, they're more like small cysts and they are everywhere. It's painful, not to mention totally gross. Does anyone have any tips on helping to clear my skin up? I haven't had this problem since I was a teenager. I am keeping my skin clean and using prescription tretinoin gel once a day... will I just have to wait this out until it clears up on it's own?

rotandroll

JazzysMom

I get these on my chin. I have slight scars from the poking & squeezing over the years. I know you arent suppose to, but they get so painful and it feels like my face is huge that I just had relief some pressure by getting some of the crap out. The only things that I have found that help prevent them is when I am on Bactrim and I use an antibacterial soap in the morning on the areas in question. Once I break out I have used Neutrogena;s On-the-Spot Acne treatment. Its just a Benzoul Peroxide Ance Med that comes in a cream. Its a small tube & I carried it with me so I could apply it a few times throughout the day. I dont know if the Neutrogena would be practical for you unless its just a few spots on your back & chest. If its all over then you would have to use a lot. Dont forget to drink tons of water also. It wont clear it completely, but it does help to flush your system.

JazzysMom

I get these on my chin. I have slight scars from the poking & squeezing over the years. I know you arent suppose to, but they get so painful and it feels like my face is huge that I just had relief some pressure by getting some of the crap out. The only things that I have found that help prevent them is when I am on Bactrim and I use an antibacterial soap in the morning on the areas in question. Once I break out I have used Neutrogena;s On-the-Spot Acne treatment. Its just a Benzoul Peroxide Ance Med that comes in a cream. Its a small tube & I carried it with me so I could apply it a few times throughout the day. I dont know if the Neutrogena would be practical for you unless its just a few spots on your back & chest. If its all over then you would have to use a lot. Dont forget to drink tons of water also. It wont clear it completely, but it does help to flush your system.

JazzysMom

Scarlett81

Yep, I just had a pred burst last month and have the same thing-and I'm gonna be in a wedding in a few weeks-hip hip horay....ug.
I just got this benzoyl peroxide acne cream made by Oxy, it is 10% and I've been using it for a week. I already see an improvment. The other thing is I get facials every 4 weeks or so-only bc of this wedding, normally I wouldn't do that. Facials help dramatically. But alas, they are expensive.

Scarlett81

Yep, I just had a pred burst last month and have the same thing-and I'm gonna be in a wedding in a few weeks-hip hip horay....ug.
I just got this benzoyl peroxide acne cream made by Oxy, it is 10% and I've been using it for a week. I already see an improvment. The other thing is I get facials every 4 weeks or so-only bc of this wedding, normally I wouldn't do that. Facials help dramatically. But alas, they are expensive.

Scarlett81