Prednisone Post TX

Lex

Just curious what you guys who are years post TX are taking for your maintenance prednisone dose.

I'm on 12.5mgs at about 4 months out, and I'm finding that it's still raising my blood sugars. Thanks.

Lex

Just curious what you guys who are years post TX are taking for your maintenance prednisone dose.

I'm on 12.5mgs at about 4 months out, and I'm finding that it's still raising my blood sugars. Thanks.

Lex

Lex

Lex

<br />
<br />I'm on 12.5mgs at about 4 months out, and I'm finding that it's still raising my blood sugars. Thanks.

falbie13

Hey Lex,
I am only 5.5 months out and am on 7.5mg but they said my maitenance dose with be 5mg. I think it is somewhat based on weight because I have heard of people that weight alot more then me having to take a higher maitenance dose.

falbie13

Hey Lex,
I am only 5.5 months out and am on 7.5mg but they said my maitenance dose with be 5mg. I think it is somewhat based on weight because I have heard of people that weight alot more then me having to take a higher maitenance dose.

falbie13

Hey Lex,

falbie13

Hey Lex,

falbie13

Hey Lex,
<br />I am only 5.5 months out and am on 7.5mg but they said my maitenance dose with be 5mg. I think it is somewhat based on weight because I have heard of people that weight alot more then me having to take a higher maitenance dose.

summer732

I'm 5 1/2 years post and my maintenance dose is 10 mgs. We are trying to lower it one MG at a time. It's actually on my list of things to talk about with my transplant doctor today.

It really depends on your history. Every time I tried to lower it in the past, I would get a cold or something else would happen that I needed a bump. It just all depends on the individual patients/circumstance. And I'm only 4'11" and 108 lbs so I don't think size has much of a correlation with dose.

summer732

I'm 5 1/2 years post and my maintenance dose is 10 mgs. We are trying to lower it one MG at a time. It's actually on my list of things to talk about with my transplant doctor today.

It really depends on your history. Every time I tried to lower it in the past, I would get a cold or something else would happen that I needed a bump. It just all depends on the individual patients/circumstance. And I'm only 4'11" and 108 lbs so I don't think size has much of a correlation with dose.

summer732

summer732

summer732

<br />
<br />It really depends on your history. Every time I tried to lower it in the past, I would get a cold or something else would happen that I needed a bump. It just all depends on the individual patients/circumstance. And I'm only 4'11" and 108 lbs so I don't think size has much of a correlation with dose.

CountryGirl

Hey, I am almost three years post and I'm on 10 mg of pred....I'm sticking at ten because I'm in chronic rejection but before that I was on 5mg and usually that is the maintenance amount most people take I think.

CountryGirl

Hey, I am almost three years post and I'm on 10 mg of pred....I'm sticking at ten because I'm in chronic rejection but before that I was on 5mg and usually that is the maintenance amount most people take I think.

CountryGirl

CountryGirl

CountryGirl