Pregnancy & Albuterol/Xopenex

mom2lillian

The recommendations about beta agonists (bronchodiolators) were not out there when I was pregnant with Lillian.

This time around we are trying to get pregnant, keeping in mind I had a miscarriage last year, I am trying to be uber conservative. I am switching off of all class C drugs which included: allegra, astelin & nasacort, advair.

I am switching to zyrtec (class B) and rhinocort also class B. Not sure on teh advair yet as I havent heard back from CF doc.

My question is what if anythign did you take to open your airways, did you cut back on your albuterol? My lungs are excellent shape right now I am tempted to not take anything BUT I am staying on cayston (class B for now) which recommends a bronchodialator first.

thougths?

mom2lillian

The recommendations about beta agonists (bronchodiolators) were not out there when I was pregnant with Lillian.

This time around we are trying to get pregnant, keeping in mind I had a miscarriage last year, I am trying to be uber conservative. I am switching off of all class C drugs which included: allegra, astelin & nasacort, advair.

I am switching to zyrtec (class B) and rhinocort also class B. Not sure on teh advair yet as I havent heard back from CF doc.

My question is what if anythign did you take to open your airways, did you cut back on your albuterol? My lungs are excellent shape right now I am tempted to not take anything BUT I am staying on cayston (class B for now) which recommends a bronchodialator first.

thougths?

mom2lillian

<br />
<br />This time around we are trying to get pregnant, keeping in mind I had a miscarriage last year, I am trying to be uber conservative. I am switching off of all class C drugs which included: allegra, astelin & nasacort, advair.
<br />
<br />I am switching to zyrtec (class B) and rhinocort also class B. Not sure on teh advair yet as I havent heard back from CF doc.
<br />
<br />My question is what if anythign did you take to open your airways, did you cut back on your albuterol? My lungs are excellent shape right now I am tempted to not take anything BUT I am staying on cayston (class B for now) which recommends a bronchodialator first.
<br />
<br />thougths?

Melissa75

Administrator
I used albuterol anywhere from once a week to four times/24 hours during my last pregnancy. Probably averaging once a day?

I think you might want to go on Pulmicort which is the class B lung-inhaled version of rhinocort and will do the steroid part of what you'd miss if you dropped Advair.

If your doc says that Advair/Symbicort are okay, then I'd use them if I were you. They are so helpful to me. When I used albuterol alone, I always felt like the bandaid was too small for the wound, you know?

Melissa75

Administrator
I used albuterol anywhere from once a week to four times/24 hours during my last pregnancy. Probably averaging once a day?

I think you might want to go on Pulmicort which is the class B lung-inhaled version of rhinocort and will do the steroid part of what you'd miss if you dropped Advair.

If your doc says that Advair/Symbicort are okay, then I'd use them if I were you. They are so helpful to me. When I used albuterol alone, I always felt like the bandaid was too small for the wound, you know?

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />
<br />I think you might want to go on Pulmicort which is the class B lung-inhaled version of rhinocort and will do the steroid part of what you'd miss if you dropped Advair.
<br />
<br />If your doc says that Advair/Symbicort are okay, then I'd use them if I were you. They are so helpful to me. When I used albuterol alone, I always felt like the bandaid was too small for the wound, you know?

Kristen

I took albuterol 2-4 times a day when I was pregnant. I talked to my doctors about it after that study came out linking albuterol to autism, and they all agreed that the risks associated with me going off albuterol were waaaaaaaay greater than the risk of autism.

Kristen

I took albuterol 2-4 times a day when I was pregnant. I talked to my doctors about it after that study came out linking albuterol to autism, and they all agreed that the risks associated with me going off albuterol were waaaaaaaay greater than the risk of autism.

Kristen