Pregnancy and Kalydeco

dsheldon

From what I've heard, no testing has been done to see the effects of Kalydeco on pregnancy. I was told that when I decide to try to get pregnant, to let the docs know so they can monitor everything very closely, but they don't seem to think it will cause any complications. Hope that helps!

LouLou

anyone attempting to get pregnant on Kalydeco?

have they told you NOT to get pregnant on Kalydeco?

It's a category B so it should be pretty safe.
I know of two people who are pregnant and on Kalydeco. I am encouraging them to write a paper about it if their doctor's do not.

S

semperfiohana

*waves hand* currently 25 weeks pregnant on kalydeco. i was on kalydeco for roughly 1 month, maybe 2 and i got pregnant. wasn't trying it just happened. i have one son already who was conceived naturally and this one was a surprise. the doctor's were hesitant at first but when i mentioned it is a cat b it seemed to ease their minds. i would like to think that i'm not the first to get pregnant on kalydeco, but who knows maybe i am.

musclemania70

Good for you! That is fantastic news! Please keep us all in the loop how things are going. I am sure you and your baby will be healthy. Wonderful!

A

Allansarmy

Sorry - This is being written by a man. I would think that a healthy mother is also very important here. Sure I understand that what ever the mother consumes will get passed into the baby to a degree. If it were extremely dangerous they would have warned every single CF doctor out there that they are to prohibit any female patient within child bearing age to NEVER take this drug. They have not, so in my opinion the mothers health needs to be the biggest issue here. Healthy mother will equal healthy baby most of the time.