pregnancy

stunter

I would like to know if a guy with c.f could get a women pregnant? i heard tha it cant happen. only by dr. taking the sperm out and placing it in the women. is that true?

stunter

I would like to know if a guy with c.f could get a women pregnant? i heard tha it cant happen. only by dr. taking the sperm out and placing it in the women. is that true?

stunter

stunter

stunter

JazzysMom

Approximately 98% of CF men have Congenital Absence of the Vas Deferens (CAVD).

Although it use to be considered these men were INFERTILE....that is no longer considered accurate since healthy sperm is still produced.

What CAVD does is not give the sperm a way to travel from the testicals to the penis and out in the semen.

The ONLY way to know for sure if a CF man has or doesnt have this is to be tested. It should never be assumed.

For the men who have CAVD there is a procedure available called IVF where they extract the sperm from the man, take eggs from the woman, fertilize them & implant them in hopes of one succesfully taking.

Hope that answers your question~!

JazzysMom

Although it use to be considered these men were INFERTILE....that is no longer considered accurate since healthy sperm is still produced.

What CAVD does is not give the sperm a way to travel from the testicals to the penis and out in the semen.

The ONLY way to know for sure if a CF man has or doesnt have this is to be tested. It should never be assumed.

For the men who have CAVD there is a procedure available called IVF where they extract the sperm from the man, take eggs from the woman, fertilize them & implant them in hopes of one succesfully taking.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />Although it use to be considered these men were INFERTILE....that is no longer considered accurate since healthy sperm is still produced.
<br />
<br />What CAVD does is not give the sperm a way to travel from the testicals to the penis and out in the semen.
<br />
<br />The ONLY way to know for sure if a CF man has or doesnt have this is to be tested. It should never be assumed.
<br />
<br />For the men who have CAVD there is a procedure available called IVF where they extract the sperm from the man, take eggs from the woman, fertilize them & implant them in hopes of one succesfully taking.
<br />
<br />Hope that answers your question~!

julie

I've got a website about it, <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com">www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com</a>. My husband has CF and we did IVF 3 years ago and now have 2.5 year old triplets. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about the procedures and such.

julie

I've got a website about it, <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com">www.cysticfibrosismaleinfertility.com</a>. My husband has CF and we did IVF 3 years ago and now have 2.5 year old triplets. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have about the procedures and such.

julie

julie

julie