Pregnant PWCF and partner is a carrier

LouLou

hi, I'm all ears if you ever want to talk. Please don't focus on the possibility now though. Enjoy your pregnancy. They can take cord blood at birth and send it off to be sequenced (highly effective genetic testing). Really the only thing they need to worry about now is something that they would have been on the lookout for just with your cf history anyway and it is blight (sp?) bowel which I believe is what can result in meconium ileus. Possible cf will be all the more reason that you will want you and your LO to get out of the hospital swiftly in order to avoid germs.

Don't speculate about cross contamination issues now. If you continue to have detailed worries like this I'd suggest you seek counseling. I have recently started therapy for various reasons and it's been helpful.

Try to be thankful that testing exists to have this information before your LO is even symptomatic. Remember that seriously who better could care for this person than you. YOu already know what cf is all about and how to do the best job possible.

Isaac is currently still asymptomatic yet we do chest pt w albuterol, monitor colds very closely and take him for quarterly cf checkups. He is also on calciferol (Vit D) because this was low in him (not sure if breastfeeding related, cf or what).

Are you considering bf'ing? I'd highly suggest it if your cf is stable and your weight isn't too low. It will give your LO a great start. Most important though is that you are well rested and not sick so do what you need to do to take time for yourself.

Do you have a good support system?

In terms of others that have cf and child(ren) with cf. Other than those mentioned there's a lady with an 8 yr old. I'd say don't worry about it until you know one way or the other.

Feel free to PM me.

LouLou

hi, I'm all ears if you ever want to talk. Please don't focus on the possibility now though. Enjoy your pregnancy. They can take cord blood at birth and send it off to be sequenced (highly effective genetic testing). Really the only thing they need to worry about now is something that they would have been on the lookout for just with your cf history anyway and it is blight (sp?) bowel which I believe is what can result in meconium ileus. Possible cf will be all the more reason that you will want you and your LO to get out of the hospital swiftly in order to avoid germs.

Don't speculate about cross contamination issues now. If you continue to have detailed worries like this I'd suggest you seek counseling. I have recently started therapy for various reasons and it's been helpful.

Try to be thankful that testing exists to have this information before your LO is even symptomatic. Remember that seriously who better could care for this person than you. YOu already know what cf is all about and how to do the best job possible.

Isaac is currently still asymptomatic yet we do chest pt w albuterol, monitor colds very closely and take him for quarterly cf checkups. He is also on calciferol (Vit D) because this was low in him (not sure if breastfeeding related, cf or what).

Are you considering bf'ing? I'd highly suggest it if your cf is stable and your weight isn't too low. It will give your LO a great start. Most important though is that you are well rested and not sick so do what you need to do to take time for yourself.

In terms of others that have cf and child(ren) with cf. Other than those mentioned there's a lady with an 8 yr old. I'd say don't worry about it until you know one way or the other.

Feel free to PM me.

LouLou

Feel free to PM me.

LouLou

Feel free to PM me.

LouLou

<br />
<br />Don't speculate about cross contamination issues now. If you continue to have detailed worries like this I'd suggest you seek counseling. I have recently started therapy for various reasons and it's been helpful.
<br />
<br />Try to be thankful that testing exists to have this information before your LO is even symptomatic. Remember that seriously who better could care for this person than you. YOu already know what cf is all about and how to do the best job possible.
<br />
<br />Isaac is currently still asymptomatic yet we do chest pt w albuterol, monitor colds very closely and take him for quarterly cf checkups. He is also on calciferol (Vit D) because this was low in him (not sure if breastfeeding related, cf or what).
<br />
<br />Are you considering bf'ing? I'd highly suggest it if your cf is stable and your weight isn't too low. It will give your LO a great start. Most important though is that you are well rested and not sick so do what you need to do to take time for yourself.
<br />
<br />Do you have a good support system?
<br />
<br />In terms of others that have cf and child(ren) with cf. Other than those mentioned there's a lady with an 8 yr old. I'd say don't worry about it until you know one way or the other.
<br />
<br />Feel free to PM me.

H

hopesiris

When I was pregnant with Amelia we thought we were both carriers. I was diagnosed with CF during my pregnancy, after we had already done prenatal genetic testing on the baby. It was very hard to deal with because I was only in my second trimester when I was diagnosed. We had Amelia's cord blood tested and fortunately she is only a carrier.

I've been through a lot so feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

H

hopesiris

When I was pregnant with Amelia we thought we were both carriers. I was diagnosed with CF during my pregnancy, after we had already done prenatal genetic testing on the baby. It was very hard to deal with because I was only in my second trimester when I was diagnosed. We had Amelia's cord blood tested and fortunately she is only a carrier.

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

H

hopesiris

<br />
<br />I've been through a lot so feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

helen01

Thanks everyone for your replies, kind words and helpful information. A site like this is great. I only discovered it since being pregnant. It helps just to know that other people are experiencing similar situations and that things are working out for them.

Thanks everyone

helen01

Thanks everyone for your replies, kind words and helpful information. A site like this is great. I only discovered it since being pregnant. It helps just to know that other people are experiencing similar situations and that things are working out for them.

Thanks everyone

helen01

Thanks everyone

helen01

Thanks everyone

helen01

<br />
<br />Thanks everyone