Pregnant

sdavis227

Thank you to all of you for your support. Heather - have you had to use enzymes and if so, what form is it in? I am planning on breast feeding as I did with my 2 year old, but am curious how I would give enzymes if the need was there. Wasn't sure if the babies with the MI plug had more stomack/pancreas troubles?

M

Mommafirst

Shannon, my daughter is pancreatic sufficient (so its possible to not have pancreas probs even with the MI) but that could possibly change. I breast fed exclusively, and still have yet to give formula or whole milk. Some people say that there are natural enzymes in breast milk that help digest, so I do worry that once we are done breast feeding we will face more pancreas issues. From what I've read breast feeding is especially great for CF babies, so don't change your plans. I have a friend who breast feeds and gives enzymes and she just puts the pellets into a little applesauce and spoon feeds before breast feeding.

If you have more questions, you can post or PM me.

Heather

M

Mommafirst

Shannon, my daughter is pancreatic sufficient (so its possible to not have pancreas probs even with the MI) but that could possibly change. I breast fed exclusively, and still have yet to give formula or whole milk. Some people say that there are natural enzymes in breast milk that help digest, so I do worry that once we are done breast feeding we will face more pancreas issues. From what I've read breast feeding is especially great for CF babies, so don't change your plans. I have a friend who breast feeds and gives enzymes and she just puts the pellets into a little applesauce and spoon feeds before breast feeding.

Heather

M

Mommafirst

Heather

C

cfangel03

I found out my third daughter had cf while in my belly at 17 weeks. she also had an ecogenic bowel. she was just fine when born and sooooo beautiful!
with the three drugs she takes daily I am happy to say that she is 3 years old and has perfect lung function and has never once gotten even a common cold!
cf kids are gorgeous. I have met many
I just wrote a childrens book
Kyles first crush
see www.kylesfirstcrush.com
about a little boy who falls in love with a little girl in pre-k.( my daughter who has cf)
Beautiful photos. all moeny from the book goes to cf.
check it out.
your child will be just fine, and he is a special gift sent to you. enjoy him.
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

I found out my third daughter had cf while in my belly at 17 weeks. she also had an ecogenic bowel. she was just fine when born and sooooo beautiful!
with the three drugs she takes daily I am happy to say that she is 3 years old and has perfect lung function and has never once gotten even a common cold!
Kyles first crush
about a little boy who falls in love with a little girl in pre-k.( my daughter who has cf)
check it out.
Leah Orr

C

cfangel03

Kyles first crush
check it out.
Leah Orr

gilliansmommy

Shannon,

My daughter, Gillian was diagnosed at birth w/CF. She also had the meconium illeus. In the beginning your scared and don't know how bad it's going to be but it gets easier! She's now 5 and started kindergarten. She does all the things a healthy child does but she also takes enzymes, breathing treatments, does the vest, puffers, etc. etc. but its all she's ever known. Having a child w/CF takes work but you really adapt to what is required to keep them healthy.

gilliansmommy

gilliansmommy

Shannon,

My daughter, Gillian was diagnosed at birth w/CF. She also had the meconium illeus. In the beginning your scared and don't know how bad it's going to be but it gets easier! She's now 5 and started kindergarten. She does all the things a healthy child does but she also takes enzymes, breathing treatments, does the vest, puffers, etc. etc. but its all she's ever known. Having a child w/CF takes work but you really adapt to what is required to keep them healthy.

gilliansmommy

gilliansmommy

Shannon,

gilliansmommy

izemmom

Hi Shannon
My daughter was born with MI. She is now a year old and doing well. She started taking enzymes about a hour after the MI was dx. She was 3 days old! I breast fed as long as my body would cooperate, which was not as long as I wanted - about 9 weeks. The enzymes worked just fine with the breast feeding. It was simply an extra step. Emily is definatelly pancratic iinsufficient and that has been our biggest trouble so far. She has relatively little lung involvement at this point. We do cpt 2-3 times daily to try and keep it that way. CF is scary, but you CAN live a normal and happy life.

izemmom

Hi Shannon
My daughter was born with MI. She is now a year old and doing well. She started taking enzymes about a hour after the MI was dx. She was 3 days old! I breast fed as long as my body would cooperate, which was not as long as I wanted - about 9 weeks. The enzymes worked just fine with the breast feeding. It was simply an extra step. Emily is definatelly pancratic iinsufficient and that has been our biggest trouble so far. She has relatively little lung involvement at this point. We do cpt 2-3 times daily to try and keep it that way. CF is scary, but you CAN live a normal and happy life.

izemmom

Hi Shannon