Prevacid for my infant

ashmomo

Hi, I just started my 5 mo old on Prevacid and it is a pill. We have to break it in half and put it with liquid to give to her. Today I tried with her milk...not the best. Anyone else have to give this to their infant? How do you do it? What can I mix it with? Can I just put it with applesauce like her enzymes? That would be easy... Just not sure what it can go in. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks!

ashmomo

Hi, I just started my 5 mo old on Prevacid and it is a pill. We have to break it in half and put it with liquid to give to her. Today I tried with her milk...not the best. Anyone else have to give this to their infant? How do you do it? What can I mix it with? Can I just put it with applesauce like her enzymes? That would be easy... Just not sure what it can go in. Any advice would be helpful!
Thanks!

ashmomo

Thanks!

ashmomo

Thanks!

ashmomo

<br />Thanks!

ashmomo

Oh, well I just read it is supposed to dissolve completely...so I could just mix it w/ a tiny bit of water and them pour it in a nipple for her to drink. Nevermind...I guess I answered my own question.
If anyone else has other ideas I am still open to hearing them!

ashmomo

Oh, well I just read it is supposed to dissolve completely...so I could just mix it w/ a tiny bit of water and them pour it in a nipple for her to drink. Nevermind...I guess I answered my own question.

ashmomo

ashmomo

ashmomo

<br />If anyone else has other ideas I am still open to hearing them!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We were told not to mix meds with milk because DS might associate the taste with his formula and refuse to eat. When we started him on adeks we did the nipple trick -- put some in a nipple, at first mixed with a little orange juice, but he sucked it right down.

With his vitamin k tablet he took once a week. I got a pill crusher -- just used it to grind up the tablet and sprinkled it on babyfood bananas and he took it right down.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
We were told not to mix meds with milk because DS might associate the taste with his formula and refuse to eat. When we started him on adeks we did the nipple trick -- put some in a nipple, at first mixed with a little orange juice, but he sucked it right down.

With his vitamin k tablet he took once a week. I got a pill crusher -- just used it to grind up the tablet and sprinkled it on babyfood bananas and he took it right down.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />With his vitamin k tablet he took once a week. I got a pill crusher -- just used it to grind up the tablet and sprinkled it on babyfood bananas and he took it right down.

crickit715

my daughter has been taking the liquid suspension form of prevacid since 3 months....i would ask if that is available for you!

crickit715

my daughter has been taking the liquid suspension form of prevacid since 3 months....i would ask if that is available for you!

crickit715

crickit715

crickit715