Prevacid Issues

froggymama

My daughter takes 2.5cc's of Prevacid daily. She's 17 months and the only symptoms she's displayed have been malabsorbtion - but it's been tough. My question is regarding Prevacid. We had one pharmacist who said liquid prevacid has a shelf life in the fridge for 15 days. We were paying $95 every 15 days. Then our doc said that most pharmacists make a 30-day supply. My baby is having malabsorbtion issues again and I wonder if it's because the Prevacid stops being as effective after 15 days. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!- Elise

froggymama

My daughter takes 2.5cc's of Prevacid daily. She's 17 months and the only symptoms she's displayed have been malabsorbtion - but it's been tough. My question is regarding Prevacid. We had one pharmacist who said liquid prevacid has a shelf life in the fridge for 15 days. We were paying $95 every 15 days. Then our doc said that most pharmacists make a 30-day supply. My baby is having malabsorbtion issues again and I wonder if it's because the Prevacid stops being as effective after 15 days. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!- Elise

froggymama

mommaluvsjesus

Hi there, I know nothing about the liquid form of prevacid but my daughter is on a tablet form that dissovles in water....I dump the mixture into a bit of applesauce and she eats it with no problems every morning. It doesn't need to be refrigerated at all. I don't know if this is an option for you but I hope that this info helps. Peace and blessings to you..........

mommaluvsjesus

Hi there, I know nothing about the liquid form of prevacid but my daughter is on a tablet form that dissovles in water....I dump the mixture into a bit of applesauce and she eats it with no problems every morning. It doesn't need to be refrigerated at all. I don't know if this is an option for you but I hope that this info helps. Peace and blessings to you..........

mommaluvsjesus

Foody

not sure about your question about shelf life.

our son was on an antacid as well for the first 18 months. we found he would get acidic and sometimes have bad diapers during teething. We would be racking our brains thinking he needed more of something then it would go away. We were able to wean him off of it slowly and by 2 he was off completely. I believe something changes as they get close to 2 with regard to acid. When he gets a little acidic we give a small amount of magnesium once daily or a little Apple cider vinegar before meals. One lady was able to get her son off prescription stuff using apple cider vinegar as well. He stopped having issues and gained better. I believe it is a few topics down.

Foody

our son was on an antacid as well for the first 18 months. we found he would get acidic and sometimes have bad diapers during teething. We would be racking our brains thinking he needed more of something then it would go away. We were able to wean him off of it slowly and by 2 he was off completely. I believe something changes as they get close to 2 with regard to acid. When he gets a little acidic we give a small amount of magnesium once daily or a little Apple cider vinegar before meals. One lady was able to get her son off prescription stuff using apple cider vinegar as well. He stopped having issues and gained better. I believe it is a few topics down.

Foody

xstefani3x

Hi, my daughter also is on Prevacid (but only to help her enzymes work longer), but she takes the pill form.. but she takes it with her enzymes in the morning.. i just open them and dump them in with her applesauce and enzymes. Maybe you could look into that?
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Stefani, Mom to Lily w/cf born 5-28-04</end quote></div>

xstefani3x

Hi, my daughter also is on Prevacid (but only to help her enzymes work longer), but she takes the pill form.. but she takes it with her enzymes in the morning.. i just open them and dump them in with her applesauce and enzymes. Maybe you could look into that?
<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Stefani, Mom to Lily w/cf born 5-28-04</end quote></div>

xstefani3x