Probiotics: Favorites?

Bailey Vincent

I never cared too much about probiotics, but with my constant rounds of antibiotics- I'm starting to feel a lot of tummy pain, and figure I need to buck up and get down on some good bacteria ; )

That being said, I take tons of pills... does anyone have any probiotic suggestions that are "edible", like a chew or a shake? Does anyone try to include them with some kind of a "meal" (like a drink?) Which are your favorites?

Thanks!

CyrilCrodius

Don't take them at the same time as your antibiotics. I'm not sure it's even a good idea to take them while you're on antibiotics. Talk to your doc before you start them.

triples15

Super Moderator
Hi Bailey,

I drink a shake with probiotics in it. It's called True Vitality and has 8 billion active probiotic cells. I currently don't drink any dairy (breastfeeding my daughter who is intolerant), so the shake is a vegan/plant based powder. I buy the chocolate flavor, and surprisingly, I find it pretty yummy. I mix it with chocolate almond milk and Rice Dream ice cream. You could, of course, mix it with regular milk and ice cream or whatever you like! I have also mixed in peanut butter to try to add some extra calories/nutrients.

Anyway, just wanted to mention what I drink since you were asking specifically about drinks/shakes. I usually drink mine in the evening and it's kind of like a special treat. :)

Hope you find something that works for you!

Autumn 32 w/CF

L

leona.mccauley

I’d suggest you to contact your doc before you start any new proboitic.

K

Kaethe108

I dont know if this is available in other countries, but we right now make really good experience with "Simbioflor".
it contains the bacteria "Enterococcus faecalis".