Problems with calcium supplements and multi-vitamins

barbc888

Each time I take a calcium supplement or a multi-vitamin (and I've tried many different kinds of both), my skin breaks out. I'll break out in places where pimples don't usually appear on my face... and I have pretty good skin. So as soon as I break out, I stop taking the supplements, and it might take about a week before things clear up. Does this happen to anyone, and is there a solution you know of? As I'm getting older, I really need to start taking something because I have low bone density and want to avoid osteoporosis. And I need to take a multi-vitamin daily, but I can't find one that this doesn't happen with. Centrum is the worst -- it causes painful cysts if I take it for too long.

Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd

barbc888

Each time I take a calcium supplement or a multi-vitamin (and I've tried many different kinds of both), my skin breaks out. I'll break out in places where pimples don't usually appear on my face... and I have pretty good skin. So as soon as I break out, I stop taking the supplements, and it might take about a week before things clear up. Does this happen to anyone, and is there a solution you know of? As I'm getting older, I really need to start taking something because I have low bone density and want to avoid osteoporosis. And I need to take a multi-vitamin daily, but I can't find one that this doesn't happen with. Centrum is the worst -- it causes painful cysts if I take it for too long.

Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd

barbc888

Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd

LouLou

Have you considered supplements that get vitamins from food sources? Maybe you havea problem with chemical supplements. Two brands to check out are;
New Chapter
Garden of Life

Also, you (and other cfers) will likely absorb more from these food based supplements which are easier to breakdown which is important since our GI system isn't the greatest. This is the reason I use these two brands almost exclusively.

LouLou

Have you considered supplements that get vitamins from food sources? Maybe you havea problem with chemical supplements. Two brands to check out are;
New Chapter
Garden of Life

Also, you (and other cfers) will likely absorb more from these food based supplements which are easier to breakdown which is important since our GI system isn't the greatest. This is the reason I use these two brands almost exclusively.

LouLou

New Chapter
Garden of Life

barbc888

Thanks Lauren. I just went to New Chapter's website -- I'll definitely look into this. Congrats on soon becoming a mom for the first time!

Take care,
Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd

barbc888

Thanks Lauren. I just went to New Chapter's website -- I'll definitely look into this. Congrats on soon becoming a mom for the first time!

Take care,
Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd

barbc888

Take care,
Barbara
40 w/cf & cfrd