Problems with CF and other teens

S

shortcody23

my name is Cody i am fourteen turning fifteen in a month
i am a freshmen in high school. i was diagnosed at the age of 12 during middle school. for the first year everything seemed to be fine for about the first year and half.i was able to keep my grades in the honor roll section. but now high school is becoming harder and harder on a day to day.
at this point i dont care about my grades as long as i pass the class i dont care. also none of my teachers seem to care a lot of them talk about how my grades are slipping in front of the class. which really infuriates me. i also have a super sweet girl friend and its become easier for me to take my meds in front of her and she always looking out for me. she is just perfect and talks to me and helps me out when i become a little rebellious. but now im starting to develop depression from cf and comming to the realizations of cf. and now im strting counselling again. the doctors and my parents both agree that i just look at what i have to do and not look at the big picture. now that i have decided to talk about my cf with other people it has been good and bad for me. my doctors and parents think the questions nd peer pressure have led to this depression. i just want to know if anyone has gone through this and has any suggesstions. it just seems like my life dreams are slipping away from my college school choice to my plans for life. just please give me your advice.

S

shortcody23

i am a freshmen in high school. i was diagnosed at the age of 12 during middle school. for the first year everything seemed to be fine for about the first year and half.i was able to keep my grades in the honor roll section. but now high school is becoming harder and harder on a day to day.
at this point i dont care about my grades as long as i pass the class i dont care. also none of my teachers seem to care a lot of them talk about how my grades are slipping in front of the class. which really infuriates me. i also have a super sweet girl friend and its become easier for me to take my meds in front of her and she always looking out for me. she is just perfect and talks to me and helps me out when i become a little rebellious. but now im starting to develop depression from cf and comming to the realizations of cf. and now im strting counselling again. the doctors and my parents both agree that i just look at what i have to do and not look at the big picture. now that i have decided to talk about my cf with other people it has been good and bad for me. my doctors and parents think the questions nd peer pressure have led to this depression. i just want to know if anyone has gone through this and has any suggesstions. it just seems like my life dreams are slipping away from my college school choice to my plans for life. just please give me your advice.

S

shortcody23

S

shortcody23

S

shortcody23

<br />i am a freshmen in high school. i was diagnosed at the age of 12 during middle school. for the first year everything seemed to be fine for about the first year and half.i was able to keep my grades in the honor roll section. but now high school is becoming harder and harder on a day to day.
<br />at this point i dont care about my grades as long as i pass the class i dont care. also none of my teachers seem to care a lot of them talk about how my grades are slipping in front of the class. which really infuriates me. i also have a super sweet girl friend and its become easier for me to take my meds in front of her and she always looking out for me. she is just perfect and talks to me and helps me out when i become a little rebellious. but now im starting to develop depression from cf and comming to the realizations of cf. and now im strting counselling again. the doctors and my parents both agree that i just look at what i have to do and not look at the big picture. now that i have decided to talk about my cf with other people it has been good and bad for me. my doctors and parents think the questions nd peer pressure have led to this depression. i just want to know if anyone has gone through this and has any suggesstions. it just seems like my life dreams are slipping away from my college school choice to my plans for life. just please give me your advice.

cfgirl1992

Wow, i can only imagine how hard it would be to be diagnosed with CF when your old enough to know the impact of it all. I was diagnosed at birth so I don't know life any differently. I know what your going through as far as realizing how your furture will be affected, but you really have to tell yourself your not going to let CF stand in your way- which ya i know that can be impossible! The way i deal with depression is just living in the moment, and i know its hard not to worry but its so much better when you can balance enjoying life and keeping up with your health- which i'm still working on =]
I'm not as open about my CF with my friends which i think helps me because when i am with them i can escape for awhile- but its nice that you seem to have a supportive family and girlfriend
i am going to be applying for college in the fall, and i dont know what to tell you there- i'll let you know when i get there, but i know from talking to others here that everyone has a different experience
good luck, i hope this helped =]

cfgirl1992

Wow, i can only imagine how hard it would be to be diagnosed with CF when your old enough to know the impact of it all. I was diagnosed at birth so I don't know life any differently. I know what your going through as far as realizing how your furture will be affected, but you really have to tell yourself your not going to let CF stand in your way- which ya i know that can be impossible! The way i deal with depression is just living in the moment, and i know its hard not to worry but its so much better when you can balance enjoying life and keeping up with your health- which i'm still working on =]
I'm not as open about my CF with my friends which i think helps me because when i am with them i can escape for awhile- but its nice that you seem to have a supportive family and girlfriend
i am going to be applying for college in the fall, and i dont know what to tell you there- i'll let you know when i get there, but i know from talking to others here that everyone has a different experience

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992

cfgirl1992

<br />I'm not as open about my CF with my friends which i think helps me because when i am with them i can escape for awhile- but its nice that you seem to have a supportive family and girlfriend
<br />i am going to be applying for college in the fall, and i dont know what to tell you there- i'll let you know when i get there, but i know from talking to others here that everyone has a different experience
<br />good luck, i hope this helped =]

jpjcool1

iight bro. My name is Josh im 18 with CF, diagnosed at 3 months. so ive lived with it all my life.

never ever ever let CF control you.

there have been times where i wanted to give up. but you cant. you cant afford it physically, mentally, spirtually. Stand tall dude. YOUR A MO FO CFer! and theres not a whole lot you can do abt it. balls up and control your life. your the man.

dude like i said ive been there. if i had to id wear a shirt that said, "i have CF look at me." because i cant change this part abt my life. like gabrielle said all you can do is live in the moment.

so live with pride . say you have CF. no its not a good thing, but it WILL NEVER define who you are. take it from me.

kick ass bro. dont be scared.

and dont be depressed you have no reason.

jpjcool1

iight bro. My name is Josh im 18 with CF, diagnosed at 3 months. so ive lived with it all my life.

there have been times where i wanted to give up. but you cant. you cant afford it physically, mentally, spirtually. Stand tall dude. YOUR A MO FO CFer! and theres not a whole lot you can do abt it. balls up and control your life. your the man.

dude like i said ive been there. if i had to id wear a shirt that said, "i have CF look at me." because i cant change this part abt my life. like gabrielle said all you can do is live in the moment.

so live with pride . say you have CF. no its not a good thing, but it WILL NEVER define who you are. take it from me.

jpjcool1

jpjcool1

jpjcool1

<br />
<br />never ever ever let CF control you.
<br />
<br />there have been times where i wanted to give up. but you cant. you cant afford it physically, mentally, spirtually. Stand tall dude. YOUR A MO FO CFer! and theres not a whole lot you can do abt it. balls up and control your life. your the man.
<br />
<br />dude like i said ive been there. if i had to id wear a shirt that said, "i have CF look at me." because i cant change this part abt my life. like gabrielle said all you can do is live in the moment.
<br />
<br />so live with pride . say you have CF. no its not a good thing, but it WILL NEVER define who you are. take it from me.
<br />
<br />kick ass bro. dont be scared.
<br />
<br />and dont be depressed you have no reason.

LittleFlav

I get depressed sometimes, but only when i think about what i will do when im older. Will I be able to go to college? Things like that. My only advice is dont let CF control you. And when your down on yourself just go play will friends or do something you like.

LittleFlav

I get depressed sometimes, but only when i think about what i will do when im older. Will I be able to go to college? Things like that. My only advice is dont let CF control you. And when your down on yourself just go play will friends or do something you like.

LittleFlav

LittleFlav

LittleFlav