proteolytic enzymes

nickagost

Hi ive been researching a lot lately on all the buzz about oregano oil and decided to try it. I have been on it for about 3 months now and am feeling the best i have ever in my entire life ( my sat o2 has gone from 93%-99%) and i also work in the contruction field which makes it hard on me.

To my real point though, i have stumbled across a product for the pancreas which is called proteolytic enzymes and it says that the stomach acid cannot neutralize this product so it stays with you. i am not the best at explaining everything about this so i will leave y'all with some resourses. But i really have a hunch about this product and i am going to the health food store today to get some!!

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/DVH/HerbsWho/0,3923,552451%7CPapain,00.html
">http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/D...2451%7CPapain,00.html
</a><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/bro_0330.shtml
">http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_...pdrugs/bro_0330.shtml
</a>

Tom

From what I know proteolytic enzymes (protease) digest protein. They exist in prescribed and some over-the-counter enzymes.

I have read posts from people who use additional enzymes and have had good luck. The only thing that I have read about proteolytic enzymes is that they can digest lipase which may inhibit fat absorption. I don't know if I would take additional proteolytic enzymes with prescribed enzymes. Of course, everyone reacts differently.

Tom

Tom

Another thing... Some people use serrapeptase to combat fibrosis.

Here is a link with a short summary of serrapeptase.

Tom

Faust

Good to hear about your results with OO Nik. I'm seriously feeling that it can massively help us, and myself and others weren't just a fluke. Of course the only way we can substanstiate this beyond PFT's, cultures, and people validating how we feel, is if the CF foundation takes it upon themselves to do real clinical trials. There seems to be way too much anecdotal and pft/culture evidence to ignore as of now. I figure the more myself and others spread the info around and others try it, if they also have a very positive result with it, they will tell people, and they will tell people, and eventually we will have a ton of people in the US and Europe bagging for real clinical trials, and eventually they will have to cave in. Much like they did with GSH.

As for the enzymes, Man I need to LOSE weight as it is. I'm currently 208 lbs, and i'm back to working out big time again, so i'm only going to get bigger, but I could use to lose that lil spare tire around my mid section!

anonymous

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>nickagost</b></i>

Hi ive been researching a lot lately on all the buzz about oregano oil and decided to try it. I have been on it for about 3 months now and am feeling the best i have ever in my entire life ( my sat o2 has gone from 93%-99%) and i also work in the contruction field which makes it hard on me.

</end quote></div>

Nick, what form or forms of the OO are you doing? neb? pill? drops? how much? Just looking to get some more data. Thanks.

EnergyGal

proteolytic enzymes are great. I take a porcine enzyme as well as vegetable enzyme now. They both have lipase, amylase, and protease. I have taken pancrecarb, pancrease, mt etc,,, and eventually they do not work for me. This only happened after my transplant. Very strange but at least I find an enzyme that works.

I wonder if this serrapeptase would help folks with cf or pulmonary fibrosis? Very interesting. Our bodies are filled with enzymes and possibly we need other enzymes to enhance the non functioning ones?

nickagost

To answer anyones question about the oregano oil. what i do is neb the stuff twice a day 8 drops per session(super strength oreganol) and do not clean out the neb thing i just put it in a plastic baggy. the reason i do not clean it is becuase the residue keeps getting thicker each time and then the neb lasts longer as well.

as for my daily regimine of pills and procedures i am down to only doing oregano oil and one ultrase mt20. i used to probably take a list that would choke a horse. i have another little secret that has helped me through all of this and it is what you eat. i make fruit shakes 3x a day 32 oz ea w/1 banana, strawberries, blueberries, and fill with orange juice. these things have got me from taking 5 pills per meal to now only 1 and i am hoping to find something to make me completely medication free!! im also a workout fanatic