Pseudomomas

Rebjane

Super Moderator
ymikale,

Did you culture between each round? THank you so much for your input everyone! Maggie really dislike the taste of TOBI, "said why can't they flavor it strawberry or bubblegum?"

Rebjane

Super Moderator
ymikale,

Did you culture between each round? THank you so much for your input everyone! Maggie really dislike the taste of TOBI, "said why can't they flavor it strawberry or bubblegum?"

Rebjane

Super Moderator
ymikale,
<br />
<br />Did you culture between each round? THank you so much for your input everyone! Maggie really dislike the taste of TOBI, "said why can't they flavor it strawberry or bubblegum?"

ymikhale

Rebjane,
yes we did a culture right after we finished the round and then another before starting the next round.

ymikhale

Rebjane,
yes we did a culture right after we finished the round and then another before starting the next round.

ymikhale

Rebjane,
<br />yes we did a culture right after we finished the round and then another before starting the next round.

ktsmom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>Rebjane</b></i>

Did you take 28 days off between rounds of TOBI or did you do 3 months of TOBI in a row?</end quote></div>

At DD's first culture, yes we were on TOBI 3 months in a row along with a long course of Cipro. Then we went to the TOBI 28 on/off cycle. Can't remember but I think we weren't cultured again until after the 3 months.

ktsmom

Did you take 28 days off between rounds of TOBI or did you do 3 months of TOBI in a row?</end quote>

At DD's first culture, yes we were on TOBI 3 months in a row along with a long course of Cipro. Then we went to the TOBI 28 on/off cycle. Can't remember but I think we weren't cultured again until after the 3 months.

ktsmom

<br />
<br />Did you take 28 days off between rounds of TOBI or did you do 3 months of TOBI in a row?</end quote>
<br />
<br />At DD's first culture, yes we were on TOBI 3 months in a row along with a long course of Cipro. Then we went to the TOBI 28 on/off cycle. Can't remember but I think we weren't cultured again until after the 3 months.
<br />
<br />

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Right now, the plan is 2 weeks of oral cipro and 28 days of TOBI , wait a week then I need to make an appointment for a sputum culture. I guess the plan will depend on the result of the culture. I will have some time to thing about how to progress from there.

Depends on how Maggie tolerates the drugs; how her health goes, etc this month.

3 months of TOBI in a row seems like alot; but you only get one chance to eradicate the first pseudomonas culture.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Right now, the plan is 2 weeks of oral cipro and 28 days of TOBI , wait a week then I need to make an appointment for a sputum culture. I guess the plan will depend on the result of the culture. I will have some time to thing about how to progress from there.

Depends on how Maggie tolerates the drugs; how her health goes, etc this month.

3 months of TOBI in a row seems like alot; but you only get one chance to eradicate the first pseudomonas culture.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
<br />
<br />Depends on how Maggie tolerates the drugs; how her health goes, etc this month.
<br />
<br />3 months of TOBI in a row seems like alot; but you only get one chance to eradicate the first pseudomonas culture.