Pseudomonas gone??

Jellybaby

Hey everyone so just a quick question to see if any of you experienced the same thing....iv had pseudomonas in my sputum since as long as I can remember but over the last year or so it hasn't been showing up at all just staph, the doctor said it's more than likely still there so not to get too excited but it hasn't been there...for a whole year!? I suppose if it is still there it's good that it's being controlled and isn't flaring up as much but is it possible for it to go altogether? Any advice :D x

M

Matt31

If u dont mind me askin? Wasbit a heavy growth? Aslo what are the nebs you are using? Also are u considered like a mild case of cf?

M

Matt31

If u dont mind me askin? Was it a heavy growth? Aslo what are the nebs you are using? Also are u considered like a mild case of cf?

Jellybaby

@Matt31 Hi :) sorry wat do you mean by heavy growth? I'm doing alternate months of cayston and tobi and I wouldn't consider myself mild...but also not severe my lung function is in the high 50s and I do get sick quite often and have trouble gaining weight etc but iv only been admitted for Iv antibiotics once which I suppose is good! I mostly just go on oral antibiotics when needed :)

M

Matt31

If u dont mind me askin? Was it a heavy growth? Aslo what are the nebs you are using? Also are u considered like a mild case of cf? Are you normally pretty active person?

M

Matt31

Thats really good,glad to hear for you. Im about same way lately. Im usually in 1 or 2 a yr, til these past to months. I just got the vest an same as u crayston an tobi. Im resistant to the cipro through. Im 33 now, wasnt hhospitalized til my mid late 20's

MichaelL

Pseudomonas shows up in my sputum every 4 to 6 months and then disappears again. I don't consider it to be gone, but rather overshadowed by other bugs that show up in my sputum. The doctor has also mentioned to me that sputum results don't catch everything. When I provide a sputum sample, it's from a random place in my lungs and may not include everything in my lungs at that time.

In terms of your experience, my impression is that we never get rid of our bugs, but maybe you've been lucky. Regardless, it's great news to not see any pseudomonas for a year. I hope it continues that way for you.