pseudomonas meds

anonymous

I know it sounds scary, and I'm not belittleing anybody's fear or if anybody has had problems with pseudo... but most of us don't have that tough of a time with it. I've cultured it since i was young, sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. TOBI and Cipro are the standard. Cipro more for flare ups and TOBI for maintainance. The BEST way to keep it and other infections at bay is to stay on top of pulmonary toilet.

It's important to remember that just because something is cultured doesn't mean it needs to be treated right away. The reason it's tough to get rid of is because it's EVERYWHERE (in the soil, water, air).

Tanja,
IV tobramycen is rough on the kidneys. When I'm on it I double my water intake, and have to avoid things like ibuprofen. TOBI is a greatly dilluted formula and your doc probably just wants to use the lightest med load possible to treat.

anonymous

I know it sounds scary, and I'm not belittleing anybody's fear or if anybody has had problems with pseudo... but most of us don't have that tough of a time with it. I've cultured it since i was young, sometimes it's there sometimes it's not. TOBI and Cipro are the standard. Cipro more for flare ups and TOBI for maintainance. The BEST way to keep it and other infections at bay is to stay on top of pulmonary toilet.

It's important to remember that just because something is cultured doesn't mean it needs to be treated right away. The reason it's tough to get rid of is because it's EVERYWHERE (in the soil, water, air).

Tanja,
IV tobramycen is rough on the kidneys. When I'm on it I double my water intake, and have to avoid things like ibuprofen. TOBI is a greatly dilluted formula and your doc probably just wants to use the lightest med load possible to treat.

Foxycoxy

Tobi, ive been on it for bout 5 yrs, and take it every other day, cos a month on and month off dint work out. I dnt no if ya can get rid of pseudemonas completely, i havent, it seems to be a favourite infection of mine. But you can stay really well by takin the meds, i am.

Foxycoxy

Tobi, ive been on it for bout 5 yrs, and take it every other day, cos a month on and month off dint work out. I dnt no if ya can get rid of pseudemonas completely, i havent, it seems to be a favourite infection of mine. But you can stay really well by takin the meds, i am.