pseudomonas post transplant

kbquincy

Thanks Marjolein, it's good to hear that you haven't cultured it since. Were you resistent to most antibiotics?
I seem to be resistent to everything. My PA came from a culture during my bronch. Thanks for the replies

kbquincy

Thanks Marjolein, it's good to hear that you haven't cultured it since. Were you resistent to most antibiotics?
I seem to be resistent to everything. My PA came from a culture during my bronch. Thanks for the replies

kbquincy

kbquincy

kbquincy

coltsfan715

I cultured Psuedo immediately post transplant while I was still in the hospital - but within a few weeks was clear of the bug. At the time I was on IVs for the immediate recovery transplant stuff anyhow.

About 2-3 months post I cultured it again and my docs also said that they were not concerned about it. They told me if it showed up again that they would treat it but initially let it go.

After that I used my vest a few times to help get the stuff out and I didn't culture Psuedo again for a little over a year.

I cultured Psuedo the last time I had a bronch but for me I know it comes from my sinuses. Also to say I was told by my docs that I simply cultured the bug it was not colonized - I asked the difference and the doc said that colonized means that the bug is IN the tissue where with culturing it they are simply on the surface.

I have not been given any antibiotics for the Psuedo either time I cultured it but I did try doing my vest the second time around as well - but coughed up nothing. I have also stepped up my sinuses rinses assuming that is where the stuff is coming from.

Lindsey

Also to add I have not been on antibiotics for ANY lung related infection since I was transplanted and I have not had any other lung related issues even though I have culture the Psuedo a few times

Lindsey

coltsfan715

I cultured Psuedo immediately post transplant while I was still in the hospital - but within a few weeks was clear of the bug. At the time I was on IVs for the immediate recovery transplant stuff anyhow.

About 2-3 months post I cultured it again and my docs also said that they were not concerned about it. They told me if it showed up again that they would treat it but initially let it go.

After that I used my vest a few times to help get the stuff out and I didn't culture Psuedo again for a little over a year.

I cultured Psuedo the last time I had a bronch but for me I know it comes from my sinuses. Also to say I was told by my docs that I simply cultured the bug it was not colonized - I asked the difference and the doc said that colonized means that the bug is IN the tissue where with culturing it they are simply on the surface.

I have not been given any antibiotics for the Psuedo either time I cultured it but I did try doing my vest the second time around as well - but coughed up nothing. I have also stepped up my sinuses rinses assuming that is where the stuff is coming from.

Lindsey

Also to add I have not been on antibiotics for ANY lung related infection since I was transplanted and I have not had any other lung related issues even though I have culture the Psuedo a few times

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

Lindsey

coltsfan715

Lindsey

Lindsey

coltsfan715

<br />
<br />About 2-3 months post I cultured it again and my docs also said that they were not concerned about it. They told me if it showed up again that they would treat it but initially let it go.
<br />
<br />After that I used my vest a few times to help get the stuff out and I didn't culture Psuedo again for a little over a year.
<br />
<br />I cultured Psuedo the last time I had a bronch but for me I know it comes from my sinuses. Also to say I was told by my docs that I simply cultured the bug it was not colonized - I asked the difference and the doc said that colonized means that the bug is IN the tissue where with culturing it they are simply on the surface.
<br />
<br />I have not been given any antibiotics for the Psuedo either time I cultured it but I did try doing my vest the second time around as well - but coughed up nothing. I have also stepped up my sinuses rinses assuming that is where the stuff is coming from.
<br />
<br />Lindsey
<br />
<br />Also to add I have not been on antibiotics for ANY lung related infection since I was transplanted and I have not had any other lung related issues even though I have culture the Psuedo a few times
<br />
<br />Lindsey

C

christyisnutz

I had pseudo in show up on a bronch about 3 years post-tx. I had pneumonia at the time, so they said it was an acute infection. I was on Colistin and some IV's for about a month and that took care of it. I do continue to battle with it in my sinuses and go on IV's periodically for that.
Hopefully since it's low colonization, it will go away with some Colistin. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pseudo is an opportunistic infection and you have healthy lungs now.
Congrats on your tx btw.

C

christyisnutz

I had pseudo in show up on a bronch about 3 years post-tx. I had pneumonia at the time, so they said it was an acute infection. I was on Colistin and some IV's for about a month and that took care of it. I do continue to battle with it in my sinuses and go on IV's periodically for that.
Hopefully since it's low colonization, it will go away with some Colistin. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pseudo is an opportunistic infection and you have healthy lungs now.
Congrats on your tx btw.

C

christyisnutz

Congrats on your tx btw.

C

christyisnutz

Congrats on your tx btw.

C

christyisnutz

<br />Hopefully since it's low colonization, it will go away with some Colistin. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Pseudo is an opportunistic infection and you have healthy lungs now.
<br />Congrats on your tx btw.