Pseudomonas

crickit715

my daughter cultured it (non mucoid form of pa) at one year also....hasnt cultured since...we talked to her doc at johns hopkins and they said it takes avg of 9 years to turn mucoid.(i found it interesting that it was about that long for your son) i guess when it turns mucoid it stays around longer??? anyone know anything about this?? c<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TonyaH</b></i>

Andrew cultured pseudomonas when he was one year old and it was eradicated with TOBI. Then, it didn't show up again until he was about 5. Again, eradicated with TOBI.

Since he was 9 he now cultures it almost every time,, it's just pretty much here to stay. He is on TOBI every other month as maintenance, and IVs for exacerbations, like we are now. But his lung function is still fantastic. The doctors just keep a really close eye on things and are very proactive.</end quote></div>

crickit715

my daughter cultured it (non mucoid form of pa) at one year also....hasnt cultured since...we talked to her doc at johns hopkins and they said it takes avg of 9 years to turn mucoid.(i found it interesting that it was about that long for your son) i guess when it turns mucoid it stays around longer??? anyone know anything about this?? c<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TonyaH</b></i>

Andrew cultured pseudomonas when he was one year old and it was eradicated with TOBI. Then, it didn't show up again until he was about 5. Again, eradicated with TOBI.

Since he was 9 he now cultures it almost every time,, it's just pretty much here to stay. He is on TOBI every other month as maintenance, and IVs for exacerbations, like we are now. But his lung function is still fantastic. The doctors just keep a really close eye on things and are very proactive.</end quote></div>

crickit715

crickit715

Since he was 9 he now cultures it almost every time,, it's just pretty much here to stay. He is on TOBI every other month as maintenance, and IVs for exacerbations, like we are now. But his lung function is still fantastic. The doctors just keep a really close eye on things and are very proactive.</end quote>

crickit715

<br />
<br />Andrew cultured pseudomonas when he was one year old and it was eradicated with TOBI. Then, it didn't show up again until he was about 5. Again, eradicated with TOBI.
<br />
<br />Since he was 9 he now cultures it almost every time,, it's just pretty much here to stay. He is on TOBI every other month as maintenance, and IVs for exacerbations, like we are now. But his lung function is still fantastic. The doctors just keep a really close eye on things and are very proactive.</end quote>
<br />
<br />