Pseudomonas

mbrandazzo

Hi!
At my 19 month old's CF clinic appt. today, we found out he had cultured pseudomonas in his lungs. I am very concerned because I worry that he is so young to have already contracted it. They prescribed him TOBI and sypro in hopes of getting rid of it. I wondered if anyone has had a similiar experience and if you were successful in fighting off pseudo. Also, were there reoccurances and how often? How worried should I be?
If anyone can give me advice from your personal experience, I would appreciate it!
Thank you!
Megan

mbrandazzo

Hi!
At my 19 month old's CF clinic appt. today, we found out he had cultured pseudomonas in his lungs. I am very concerned because I worry that he is so young to have already contracted it. They prescribed him TOBI and sypro in hopes of getting rid of it. I wondered if anyone has had a similiar experience and if you were successful in fighting off pseudo. Also, were there reoccurances and how often? How worried should I be?
If anyone can give me advice from your personal experience, I would appreciate it!
Thank you!
Megan

mbrandazzo

Hi!
Thank you!
Megan

mbrandazzo

Hi!
Thank you!
Megan

mbrandazzo

Hi!
<br />At my 19 month old's CF clinic appt. today, we found out he had cultured pseudomonas in his lungs. I am very concerned because I worry that he is so young to have already contracted it. They prescribed him TOBI and sypro in hopes of getting rid of it. I wondered if anyone has had a similiar experience and if you were successful in fighting off pseudo. Also, were there reoccurances and how often? How worried should I be?
<br />If anyone can give me advice from your personal experience, I would appreciate it!
<br />Thank you!
<br />Megan

zoeg

Hi Megan,

My daughter had them in a culture at about 6 months (she is almost 4 now.) They had her do Tobi and Cipro as well, and she has had clear cultures ever since. Now I know when they saw the psuedomonas in her culture, they had not colonized yet. They thought we caught them early. I am hoping she will continue to stay PA free, but from what I have read around here they are quite common and unfortunately we will probably have to deal with it again at some point. Hopefully it will be way in the future and not anytime soon! So good luck, and my daughter was prescribed the same thing and it worked for her!

Zoe, mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Hi Megan,

My daughter had them in a culture at about 6 months (she is almost 4 now.) They had her do Tobi and Cipro as well, and she has had clear cultures ever since. Now I know when they saw the psuedomonas in her culture, they had not colonized yet. They thought we caught them early. I am hoping she will continue to stay PA free, but from what I have read around here they are quite common and unfortunately we will probably have to deal with it again at some point. Hopefully it will be way in the future and not anytime soon! So good luck, and my daughter was prescribed the same thing and it worked for her!

Zoe, mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Hi Megan,

Zoe, mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Hi Megan,

Zoe, mom to Kate wCF

zoeg

Hi Megan,
<br />
<br />My daughter had them in a culture at about 6 months (she is almost 4 now.) They had her do Tobi and Cipro as well, and she has had clear cultures ever since. Now I know when they saw the psuedomonas in her culture, they had not colonized yet. They thought we caught them early. I am hoping she will continue to stay PA free, but from what I have read around here they are quite common and unfortunately we will probably have to deal with it again at some point. Hopefully it will be way in the future and not anytime soon! So good luck, and my daughter was prescribed the same thing and it worked for her!
<br />
<br />Zoe, mom to Kate wCF

mommy2diego

my son got pseudo @ 4 months. he's now a year old and has cultured negative 3 times now. they acutually brought him in for a his first tune up at that time because he had pneumonia as well, so they gave him the iv meds for 2 weeks and contiued the tobi for months at home. worked for him... it is my understanding that if you catch it before it colonizes, you can eraticate it with agressive treatment. since your baby is so young, it hasn't been there long, so there is hope that you can get rid of it. and even if you can't get rid of it... tobi can help to control it. best of luck.

mommy2diego

my son got pseudo @ 4 months. he's now a year old and has cultured negative 3 times now. they acutually brought him in for a his first tune up at that time because he had pneumonia as well, so they gave him the iv meds for 2 weeks and contiued the tobi for months at home. worked for him... it is my understanding that if you catch it before it colonizes, you can eraticate it with agressive treatment. since your baby is so young, it hasn't been there long, so there is hope that you can get rid of it. and even if you can't get rid of it... tobi can help to control it. best of luck.

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

mommy2diego

Mom2Max

Megan, I can certainly relate to your concerns. I just got the news yesterday that Max (23 months) has cultured it as well. It almost feels like getting the cf diagnosis again. I don't want to hijack your post, but Max has never had nebulized medicine before. We will be starting the Tobi today & I just can't imagine how I am going to get a 2 year old to sit still & especially keep the mask on his face. Has Logan had nebulized medicine before? Any suggestions out there?

Mom2Max

Megan, I can certainly relate to your concerns. I just got the news yesterday that Max (23 months) has cultured it as well. It almost feels like getting the cf diagnosis again. I don't want to hijack your post, but Max has never had nebulized medicine before. We will be starting the Tobi today & I just can't imagine how I am going to get a 2 year old to sit still & especially keep the mask on his face. Has Logan had nebulized medicine before? Any suggestions out there?

Mom2Max

Mom2Max

Mom2Max