Pseudomonas

carrierae21

We also do Pulmozyme and vest daily to try to keep lungs healhty. About to start another round of TOBI and Cipro. Yuck! Thanks for all the input. I do appreciate all the extra input. Any info is helpful!

carrierae21

We also do Pulmozyme and vest daily to try to keep lungs healhty. About to start another round of TOBI and Cipro. Yuck! Thanks for all the input. I do appreciate all the extra input. Any info is helpful!

carrierae21

carrierae21

carrierae21

S

sdelorenzo

Thats the crazy thing about this disease. I will get a call from the nurse who tells me one of my children is culturing.... whatever it might be. Out of blue...no idea that they had any issues. Both of my kids just cultured mrsa for the first time. I was blown away. I cannot believe we are now dealing with that! My son cultures pseudomonas about once every year and a half. So I know it must be in there somewhere all the time. We still treat him with Tobi often. But my daughter is the one who lungs show significantly more damage and she has only always just cultured staph (up until July when she first cultured mrsa). Hope your daughter is able to get rid of it - tobi and cipro do help.
Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 8 months no cf

S

sdelorenzo

Thats the crazy thing about this disease. I will get a call from the nurse who tells me one of my children is culturing.... whatever it might be. Out of blue...no idea that they had any issues. Both of my kids just cultured mrsa for the first time. I was blown away. I cannot believe we are now dealing with that! My son cultures pseudomonas about once every year and a half. So I know it must be in there somewhere all the time. We still treat him with Tobi often. But my daughter is the one who lungs show significantly more damage and she has only always just cultured staph (up until July when she first cultured mrsa). Hope your daughter is able to get rid of it - tobi and cipro do help.

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

S

sdelorenzo

<br />Sharon, mom of Sophia, 8 and Jack, 6 both with cf, Grant, 8 months no cf

R

rainsmom

does anyone still use augmentin? for oral antibiotics? it seems like no one ever mentions it on this site. ash has used cipro once a few years ago. just wondering why the difference in kids. did your children start out on augmentin at all

R

rainsmom

does anyone still use augmentin? for oral antibiotics? it seems like no one ever mentions it on this site. ash has used cipro once a few years ago. just wondering why the difference in kids. did your children start out on augmentin at all

R

rainsmom

R

rainsmom

R

rainsmom

carrierae21

DD had amoxicillin once and augmentin once, but she gets black hairy tongue from it (it's a rare side effect) so we usually do bactrim if she has a cold or something. For the PA though, it's been Cipro.

carrierae21

DD had amoxicillin once and augmentin once, but she gets black hairy tongue from it (it's a rare side effect) so we usually do bactrim if she has a cold or something. For the PA though, it's been Cipro.

carrierae21

carrierae21

carrierae21