Puffer vs nebulizer

mommy2diego

I've been told that they are prescribing spacers to older childen and adults as well. Apparently studies have been done that when you use an inhaler by itself, a lot of the medication is hitting the back of your throat, causing irratiation to some and you're not reeping the full inhalation benefits without a spacer...

maybe this is why some of you feel the nebs are more beneficially when "sick". you are inhaling it slower.... and filling your lungs with them with each breathe....if using a spacer...the medication is trapped in the spacer and you can breathe it all in without it being shot to the back of your throat.

something you guys might want to ask your dr's appt if you're using the inhalers without. They make the spacers in child and adults sizes... you puff once and inhale slowly 6 times...then go to the next puff. Although my 5 and 6 year old could use without, their doctors are firm believers of the spacer being more effective.

just food for thought.

mommy2diego

I've been told that they are prescribing spacers to older childen and adults as well. Apparently studies have been done that when you use an inhaler by itself, a lot of the medication is hitting the back of your throat, causing irratiation to some and you're not reeping the full inhalation benefits without a spacer...

maybe this is why some of you feel the nebs are more beneficially when "sick". you are inhaling it slower.... and filling your lungs with them with each breathe....if using a spacer...the medication is trapped in the spacer and you can breathe it all in without it being shot to the back of your throat.

something you guys might want to ask your dr's appt if you're using the inhalers without. They make the spacers in child and adults sizes... you puff once and inhale slowly 6 times...then go to the next puff. Although my 5 and 6 year old could use without, their doctors are firm believers of the spacer being more effective.

just food for thought.

mommy2diego

just food for thought.

mommy2diego

just food for thought.

mommy2diego

<br />
<br />maybe this is why some of you feel the nebs are more beneficially when "sick". you are inhaling it slower.... and filling your lungs with them with each breathe....if using a spacer...the medication is trapped in the spacer and you can breathe it all in without it being shot to the back of your throat.
<br />
<br />something you guys might want to ask your dr's appt if you're using the inhalers without. They make the spacers in child and adults sizes... you puff once and inhale slowly 6 times...then go to the next puff. Although my 5 and 6 year old could use without, their doctors are firm believers of the spacer being more effective.
<br />
<br />just food for thought.

MaryamsMommy

Hey Andrea.... Guess what My daughters doctors told me the same thing about the spacers...LOL hope all is ok. I usually never post here just read..

Karen Mommy to Maryam 9 with CF...

MaryamsMommy

Hey Andrea.... Guess what My daughters doctors told me the same thing about the spacers...LOL hope all is ok. I usually never post here just read..

MaryamsMommy

MaryamsMommy

MaryamsMommy

<br />
<br />Karen Mommy to Maryam 9 with CF...

hmw

I can agree with this- I've ever noticed any irritation, but I've been rx'ed Ventolin a couple times when I've developed bronchitis or pneumonia after the flu, and you do feel a lot of spray land in your mouth and on your throat, no matter what you do to try for the best technique to inhale all the mist.

hmw

I can agree with this- I've ever noticed any irritation, but I've been rx'ed Ventolin a couple times when I've developed bronchitis or pneumonia after the flu, and you do feel a lot of spray land in your mouth and on your throat, no matter what you do to try for the best technique to inhale all the mist.

hmw

hmw

hmw