Pulmozyme Abdominal Pain

politicaljules

Every day when my daughter does her pulmozyme she gets severe stomach pain. Really doubled over in pain and it is hard to watch. I finally figured out it was related because she was having the pain every day and I was racking my brain to see what the deal was. (NEB)When the pulmozyme is done within a few minutes she is fine.

We use a mask for treatments, and I know children often swallow air which leads to gas, so I am assuming she is swallowing some of the mist too. I just wondered if anyone else has noticed anything similar.

JennyCoulon

My oldest is 13 and he has been on Pulmozyme for about 7 years and he has never had this issue. My 7 year old has been on it for about 8 months and he hasnt had this issue also. They both use a both note a mouh piece. I am curious to know what is the true cause of this...

ajlindsley

I have 2 kids with CF that have been on pulmozyme for years and they have never experienced stomach pain from it. Does your daughter do her treatment at the same time everyday? Maybe its more related to the time of day and has nothing to do with the pulmozyme? Hope you can figure this out soon.