Pulmozyme and TERRIBLE throat problems

catalinaohara

Hi there,

I started Pulmozyme about a month ago. At the same point I also started a two week course of inhaled Meropenem, in addition to my regular Inhaled Cephtaz. It was sort of a cleanout-without-IV's. Anyway, I lost my voice, but had been sick with a cold (hence the need for medication) and with all the new inhaled meds I figured, PLUS allergies, it seemed typical.

I went away for a few days up to the ocean and my voice came back, but upon returning home my voice disappeared. My doctor suggested it was the Pulmozyme, I didn't think so, since it had come back at that point when I was on Pulmozyme, but after testing and trial and error, I figured out it was indeed the Pulmozyme. This was after having been without a voice for FOUR FULL weeks, save for a few days in the beginning.

There was no pain at all, just hoarse voice. However, I had to strain to talk i.e. alwyas pushing up with my diaphragm. Anyway, I've stopped the Pulmozyme nwo for a week, almost a day after stopping my voice started to come back, but it has completely plateaued at this hoarse but audible (just husky) voice. Not my normal voice. IN ADDITION, i feel like i have this little "thing" in the throat...i dont know if its a polyp, a nodule, a cut, a lump, irritation, i ahve no idea b/c i can't see it. It is pinpointed in the left side of my throat and if i were to point to it from the outside it would be near the back of my throat about a quarter inch or even less down from my chin.

I feel it when I swallow. It hurts, but not terribly, almost the way the roof of your mouth would hurt if you cut it.

Has anyone else experienced such caustic throat problem with pulmozyme? I feel as though I have done permanent damage! I am not sure what to do, i have an appointment with an ENT on July 18th b.c that was the only one I could get, but I am in the process of trying to get it moved up.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with larynx polyps, throat nodules, anything. of course googling it only leads me to throat cancer info, which is scary!

Thanks a lot, sorry for the long post.

in addition, it sucks because i LIKED pulmozyme, but i need a voice!

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Hi there,

I started Pulmozyme about a month ago. At the same point I also started a two week course of inhaled Meropenem, in addition to my regular Inhaled Cephtaz. It was sort of a cleanout-without-IV's. Anyway, I lost my voice, but had been sick with a cold (hence the need for medication) and with all the new inhaled meds I figured, PLUS allergies, it seemed typical.

I went away for a few days up to the ocean and my voice came back, but upon returning home my voice disappeared. My doctor suggested it was the Pulmozyme, I didn't think so, since it had come back at that point when I was on Pulmozyme, but after testing and trial and error, I figured out it was indeed the Pulmozyme. This was after having been without a voice for FOUR FULL weeks, save for a few days in the beginning.

There was no pain at all, just hoarse voice. However, I had to strain to talk i.e. alwyas pushing up with my diaphragm. Anyway, I've stopped the Pulmozyme nwo for a week, almost a day after stopping my voice started to come back, but it has completely plateaued at this hoarse but audible (just husky) voice. Not my normal voice. IN ADDITION, i feel like i have this little "thing" in the throat...i dont know if its a polyp, a nodule, a cut, a lump, irritation, i ahve no idea b/c i can't see it. It is pinpointed in the left side of my throat and if i were to point to it from the outside it would be near the back of my throat about a quarter inch or even less down from my chin.

I feel it when I swallow. It hurts, but not terribly, almost the way the roof of your mouth would hurt if you cut it.

Has anyone else experienced such caustic throat problem with pulmozyme? I feel as though I have done permanent damage! I am not sure what to do, i have an appointment with an ENT on July 18th b.c that was the only one I could get, but I am in the process of trying to get it moved up.

I wonder if anyone has any experience with larynx polyps, throat nodules, anything. of course googling it only leads me to throat cancer info, which is scary!

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Hi there,

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Hi there,

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Hi there,

Caitlin

catalinaohara

Hi there,

Caitlin

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>catalinaohara</b></i>

IN ADDITION, i feel like i have this little "thing" in the throat...i dont know if its a polyp, a nodule, a cut, a lump, irritation, i ahve no idea b/c i can't see it.

</end quote></div>

change of story?

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>catalinaohara</b></i>

IN ADDITION, i feel like i have this little "thing" in the throat...i dont know if its a polyp, a nodule, a cut, a lump, irritation, i ahve no idea b/c i can't see it.

</end quote></div>

change of story?