Pulmozyme-dornase alfa recombinant

karenanne99

Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on pulmozyme(dornase alfa recombinant) for me. I have recently been prescribed to use it once a day in my aerosol. The doctors had not told me much information about it but I do know that it is supposed to thin mucus so it is easier to bring up. Has anyone else used this medication and had success? It is a VERY expensive drug which is not covered under the Canadian CF Drug Plan so I would like to know if it is a worth-while med to be on? Thanks Alot guys, Karen

karenanne99

Hey Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone would be able to shed some light on pulmozyme(dornase alfa recombinant) for me. I have recently been prescribed to use it once a day in my aerosol. The doctors had not told me much information about it but I do know that it is supposed to thin mucus so it is easier to bring up. Has anyone else used this medication and had success? It is a VERY expensive drug which is not covered under the Canadian CF Drug Plan so I would like to know if it is a worth-while med to be on? Thanks Alot guys, Karen

karenanne99

Hey Everyone,

Alyssa

I can't believe nobody has replied to this yet! I was searching back looking for something else when I saw your post.

Yes -- many people are on pulmozyme daily. Yes it is expensive, yes (in our experience) it helps thin the mucus and keep my daughter in better health than without it (since she has less mucus hanging around to get infections) she has had fewer infections than she did without it -- but we are also fortunate to have good health insurance coverage and it only costs us $60 for a 90 day supply.

Alyssa

I can't believe nobody has replied to this yet! I was searching back looking for something else when I saw your post.

Yes -- many people are on pulmozyme daily. Yes it is expensive, yes (in our experience) it helps thin the mucus and keep my daughter in better health than without it (since she has less mucus hanging around to get infections) she has had fewer infections than she did without it -- but we are also fortunate to have good health insurance coverage and it only costs us $60 for a 90 day supply.

Alyssa

JazzysMom

I missed this post & am quite sorry. I use Pulmozyme. While I am using it I can say that I dont "feel" a difference, but if I stop using it I immediately can tell. I stopped for a bit because I thought it was a waste of time/$$, but once I did that I felt like I would cough up a lung trying to get the mucuous up. Once I started using it again I could see the difference. Not all people like it or feel a difference, but I am one that advocates it!

JazzysMom

I missed this post & am quite sorry. I use Pulmozyme. While I am using it I can say that I dont "feel" a difference, but if I stop using it I immediately can tell. I stopped for a bit because I thought it was a waste of time/$$, but once I did that I felt like I would cough up a lung trying to get the mucuous up. Once I started using it again I could see the difference. Not all people like it or feel a difference, but I am one that advocates it!

JazzysMom

Diane

I was just going to say something is very strange about this topic because i responded to it a few days ago and so have several others and our responses arent here. Then i went looking for it and found the same post on page 2. For a minute there i was like....ok whats going on here ~~~~

Diane

I was just going to say something is very strange about this topic because i responded to it a few days ago and so have several others and our responses arent here. Then i went looking for it and found the same post on page 2. For a minute there i was like....ok whats going on here ~~~~

Diane