Pulmozyme with Pari LC?

rubyroselee

Hi everyone,
I lost one of the pieces to my Sidestream. Does anyone know if it's ok to use Pulmozyme in the Pari LC plus? I'm going to clinic next week and they usually give me new neb cups, so I just need a temporary solution until then.
Thanks!

rubyroselee

Hi everyone,
I lost one of the pieces to my Sidestream. Does anyone know if it's ok to use Pulmozyme in the Pari LC plus? I'm going to clinic next week and they usually give me new neb cups, so I just need a temporary solution until then.
Thanks!

C

cfgf28

I was getting out new Pari cups last night for my bf and it said on the bag use as directed with Pulmozyme, if you look at the insert with the pulmozyme, I think it says you can use the pari cup, but make sure you clean it out after doing other meds...The insert gives you a list of what neb cups are FDA apporved to use with it...Though he always uses the sidestream cup...and didnt know he was suppossed to use the pari cups for hypertonic saline too...He'd been using sidestream for that, for a really long time!

C

cfgf28

I was getting out new Pari cups last night for my bf and it said on the bag use as directed with Pulmozyme, if you look at the insert with the pulmozyme, I think it says you can use the pari cup, but make sure you clean it out after doing other meds...The insert gives you a list of what neb cups are FDA apporved to use with it...Though he always uses the sidestream cup...and didnt know he was suppossed to use the pari cups for hypertonic saline too...He'd been using sidestream for that, for a really long time!

Kristen

I use the LC cups for pumlozyme. Those are the only cups I have and my doctor didn't tell me to use something different.

Kristen

I use the LC cups for pumlozyme. Those are the only cups I have and my doctor didn't tell me to use something different.

Brad

Leah
Yes, the LC Plus was the preferred neb of the mfg when Pulmozyme first came out.

I use the Pari LC Plus's for everything.

Brad

Leah
Yes, the LC Plus was the preferred neb of the mfg when Pulmozyme first came out.

I use the Pari LC Plus's for everything.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto! We use the Pari LC's for everything as well, though I do travel with disposable sidestreams for pulmozyme and albuterol/atrovent so we don't have to deal with sterilization on the road.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Ditto! We use the Pari LC's for everything as well, though I do travel with disposable sidestreams for pulmozyme and albuterol/atrovent so we don't have to deal with sterilization on the road.

I'm sure a week won't make too much of a difference, but Pulmozyme really should be used in the sidestream neb cups. When we switched to our new cf center, our docs there said to use pari's for all other meds if we wanted, but use sidestream cups for pulmozyme. Suddenly my son's sore throat (chronic) went away. It seems the pari doesn't break the pulmozyme into small enough bits in the mist and it's harsher on your throat.

I'm sure a week won't make too much of a difference, but Pulmozyme really should be used in the sidestream neb cups. When we switched to our new cf center, our docs there said to use pari's for all other meds if we wanted, but use sidestream cups for pulmozyme. Suddenly my son's sore throat (chronic) went away. It seems the pari doesn't break the pulmozyme into small enough bits in the mist and it's harsher on your throat.

T

TonyaH

We use Pari LC Plus for HTS, pulmozyme, and TOBI..that is how we've always been told by our clinic. But thanks for posting the questions...now I'm going to ask about sidestream at our next appt. I wonder if that's why pulmozyme has never seemed to do anything for Andrew?!

T

TonyaH

We use Pari LC Plus for HTS, pulmozyme, and TOBI..that is how we've always been told by our clinic. But thanks for posting the questions...now I'm going to ask about sidestream at our next appt. I wonder if that's why pulmozyme has never seemed to do anything for Andrew?!

Kristen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TreasureGoddess</b></i> I'm sure a week won't make too much of a difference, but Pulmozyme really should be used in the sidestream neb cups. When we switched to our new cf center, our docs there said to use pari's for all other meds if we wanted, but use sidestream cups for pulmozyme. Suddenly my son's sore throat (chronic) went away. It seems the pari doesn't break the pulmozyme into small enough bits in the mist and it's harsher on your throat.</end quote>
This is really interesting - thanks for sharing. I do notice that pulmo still makes me feel better in the LC Plus, but I've never tired it in the sidestream. Now I'm going to look into it!

Kristen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>TreasureGoddess</b></i> I'm sure a week won't make too much of a difference, but Pulmozyme really should be used in the sidestream neb cups. When we switched to our new cf center, our docs there said to use pari's for all other meds if we wanted, but use sidestream cups for pulmozyme. Suddenly my son's sore throat (chronic) went away. It seems the pari doesn't break the pulmozyme into small enough bits in the mist and it's harsher on your throat.</end quote>
This is really interesting - thanks for sharing. I do notice that pulmo still makes me feel better in the LC Plus, but I've never tired it in the sidestream. Now I'm going to look into it!

H

hammerpocket

I have been using Pulmozyme via Pari LC since it was approved in 1994. This is from the Pulmozyme.com FAQ:

>>>Can I use the nebulizer/compressor I already have to take Pulmozyme?

The FDA approves specific nebulizers/compressors to be used with Pulmozyme.

The following nebulizers/compressors have been FDA-approved for use with Pulmozyme:

PARI LC®Jet+ with PARI PRONEB®
PARI BABYtm with PARI PRONEB®
Durable Sidestream® with MOBILAIREtm
Hudson "T" Up-Draft II® with Pulmo-Aide®
Marquest Acorn II® with Pulmo-Aide
Durable Sidestream® with Porta-Neb®

Your doctor can work with you to help you determine which of these approved systems are right for you.<<<

H

hammerpocket

I have been using Pulmozyme via Pari LC since it was approved in 1994. This is from the Pulmozyme.com FAQ:

>>>Can I use the nebulizer/compressor I already have to take Pulmozyme?

The FDA approves specific nebulizers/compressors to be used with Pulmozyme.

The following nebulizers/compressors have been FDA-approved for use with Pulmozyme:

PARI LC®Jet+ with PARI PRONEB®
PARI BABYtm with PARI PRONEB®
Durable Sidestream® with MOBILAIREtm
Hudson "T" Up-Draft II® with Pulmo-Aide®
Marquest Acorn II® with Pulmo-Aide
Durable Sidestream® with Porta-Neb®

Your doctor can work with you to help you determine which of these approved systems are right for you.<<<