Pulmozyme yes or no

folione

The way I understand how the rules work for the medication data sheets is that EVERY adverse health condition that arises in any patient during the trials gets listed - but the vast majority of them are red herrings because they could be caused by lots of things, not necessarily the medicine and unless a condition gets report by a bunch of patients, there is no further analysis of cause & effect. I tend to pay more attention to the list of common side effects and ignore the list of rare side effects because every data sheet's rare effects are scary.

folione

The way I understand how the rules work for the medication data sheets is that EVERY adverse health condition that arises in any patient during the trials gets listed - but the vast majority of them are red herrings because they could be caused by lots of things, not necessarily the medicine and unless a condition gets report by a bunch of patients, there is no further analysis of cause & effect. I tend to pay more attention to the list of common side effects and ignore the list of rare side effects because every data sheet's rare effects are scary.

folione

folione

folione

hmw

Folione, I agree~ especially since 1. you have these adverse events also occurring in people taking a placebo, and 2. with the drugs we are researching here, you have these adverse events occurring in people who already have a progressive, ultimately fatal disease. Some of the people in these trials also had pulmonary function below 40% before starting the trial, so this would certainly increase odds of experiencing a severe cf-related complication during the course of the study.

Katie's link was very informative. Among other points, when you could see that during the studies, certain particularly adverse events were occurring as frequently amongst those taking a *placebo* as amongst those taking a drug, I have a hard time blaming the drug.

hmw

Folione, I agree~ especially since 1. you have these adverse events also occurring in people taking a placebo, and 2. with the drugs we are researching here, you have these adverse events occurring in people who already have a progressive, ultimately fatal disease. Some of the people in these trials also had pulmonary function below 40% before starting the trial, so this would certainly increase odds of experiencing a severe cf-related complication during the course of the study.

Katie's link was very informative. Among other points, when you could see that during the studies, certain particularly adverse events were occurring as frequently amongst those taking a *placebo* as amongst those taking a drug, I have a hard time blaming the drug.

hmw

hmw

hmw

<br />
<br />Katie's link was very informative. Among other points, when you could see that during the studies, certain particularly adverse events were occurring as frequently amongst those taking a *placebo* as amongst those taking a drug, I have a hard time blaming the drug.