Question about blood in sputum

C

Cariann2005Rob

umm yah i cough up blood allot and when i do it is bright red... that means it is definitely from the lungs.. and brown means that it is old blood that you are coughing up from the lungs.

C

Cariann2005Rob

umm yah i cough up blood allot and when i do it is bright red... that means it is definitely from the lungs.. and brown means that it is old blood that you are coughing up from the lungs.

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

C

Cariann2005Rob

mom4holly

i was told by my doc that brown blood means its been sitting there for a while & red is a fresh bleed...last time holly coughed up blood it was bright red then towards the end of her coughing fit some brown was coming up...we were in the hospital, it def came from her lungs.

mom4holly

i was told by my doc that brown blood means its been sitting there for a while & red is a fresh bleed...last time holly coughed up blood it was bright red then towards the end of her coughing fit some brown was coming up...we were in the hospital, it def came from her lungs.

mom4holly

mom4holly

mom4holly

blindhearted

I've always been told that red or bright red blood means that it is fresh and brown means that it is old. You can usually tell where it is coming from when you cough it up by the way it feels.

blindhearted

I've always been told that red or bright red blood means that it is fresh and brown means that it is old. You can usually tell where it is coming from when you cough it up by the way it feels.

blindhearted

blindhearted

blindhearted

jamie6girl

Doesn't sound right to me either!!! You can feel it when you cough up blood from your lungs.. My lungs get "gurgly" feeling. I can't explain it. No question that it's from my lungs... I've coughed up blood from my lungs where it was bright red. Hmm... I agree with some other folks on here. Red means fresh and dark means old.

jamie6girl

Doesn't sound right to me either!!! You can feel it when you cough up blood from your lungs.. My lungs get "gurgly" feeling. I can't explain it. No question that it's from my lungs... I've coughed up blood from my lungs where it was bright red. Hmm... I agree with some other folks on here. Red means fresh and dark means old.

jamie6girl

jamie6girl

jamie6girl