Question about cat scan

cherishthree

Hello,
My name is Kathy I have Hannah 6.5 years and Christopher11 years both recently diagnosed with Cf. They were getting treated with atypical Cf as of last year. We switched clinics last month and they said thet have mild Cf not atypical.They admitted Hannah for 10 days of IV therapy for a Cf exacerbation and staph aureus treatment. They said her their mutation does not usually cause pancreatic insufficiency. But Hannah fell completely off the charts at 15 months and has not been back since. While in the Hospital they did a cat scan of her sinus again (she had a clean out last June at the other clinic) And a cat Scan of her chest they found a small spot on her lungs. Should I be scared or is this normal? They increased her pt and added pulmozyme . They also did a fecal fat that is not back yet , and a vitamin level they said that was ok. What I was courious about is the spot and can we get rid of it? Thanks, Kathy

cherishthree

Hello,
My name is Kathy I have Hannah 6.5 years and Christopher11 years both recently diagnosed with Cf. They were getting treated with atypical Cf as of last year. We switched clinics last month and they said thet have mild Cf not atypical.They admitted Hannah for 10 days of IV therapy for a Cf exacerbation and staph aureus treatment. They said her their mutation does not usually cause pancreatic insufficiency. But Hannah fell completely off the charts at 15 months and has not been back since. While in the Hospital they did a cat scan of her sinus again (she had a clean out last June at the other clinic) And a cat Scan of her chest they found a small spot on her lungs. Should I be scared or is this normal? They increased her pt and added pulmozyme . They also did a fecal fat that is not back yet , and a vitamin level they said that was ok. What I was courious about is the spot and can we get rid of it? Thanks, Kathy

cherishthree

Hello,

cherishthree

Hello,

cherishthree

Hello,

cherishthree

Hello,

ktsmom

Hi Kathy. This must be coming as quite a shock to you, but it sounds like it was a good thing that you switched clinics. I'm curious if you did it because you felt something wasn't quite right, that they weren't listening to you, your children's health wasn't being managed correctly, etc. Unfortunately I have learned that we can't completely rely on even the experts without doing our own research and questioning.

I don't as yet have any experience with these kinds of CAT scan results but I wanted to lend you some support. I am just glad they caught this small spot and I hope that something can indeed be done about it. Please keep us posted.

ktsmom

Hi Kathy. This must be coming as quite a shock to you, but it sounds like it was a good thing that you switched clinics. I'm curious if you did it because you felt something wasn't quite right, that they weren't listening to you, your children's health wasn't being managed correctly, etc. Unfortunately I have learned that we can't completely rely on even the experts without doing our own research and questioning.

I don't as yet have any experience with these kinds of CAT scan results but I wanted to lend you some support. I am just glad they caught this small spot and I hope that something can indeed be done about it. Please keep us posted.

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

ktsmom

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,
Lets just say they were falling through the cracks there. I need to know they are getting the best of care for all their healthcare needs. I will find out this Monday on what the story is on the spot on her lung. Thanks!! Kathy

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,
Lets just say they were falling through the cracks there. I need to know they are getting the best of care for all their healthcare needs. I will find out this Monday on what the story is on the spot on her lung. Thanks!! Kathy

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,

cherishthree

Thank you Dana,