question about hypertonic saline and liver cirrhosis..

relat

hello.does anybody know if i could prepare something with salt and water,

because we cant find hypertonic saline here in greece?my brother who has cf

needs it.also,does anybody have data on liver cirrhosis?my brother (26 yrs old)is

on ursofalk the doc said he has liver cirrhosis,he called it gall cirrhosis of

liver.they didnt give him other medications.how dangerous is it?
thanks.

relat

needs it.also,does anybody have data on liver cirrhosis?my brother (26 yrs old)is

thanks.

relat

thanks.

lightNlife

The liver is a very powerful organ, and can maintain its function fairly well. The liver can continue to function even if 1/4 of it is healthy. Some of the best things to help manage cirrhosis include:

-eating dark green leafy vegetables
-limit protein intake
-avoid alcohol in ALL forms
-avoid saturated fats
-eat fish or take fish oil supplements
-legumes (peanuts for example)

Eating the right foods for someone with liver problems is very difficult, usually because of decreased appetite. Instead of eating large meals, it's easier to eat several smaller snacks that are loaded with the nutrients the body needs.

The overall amount of protein in the diet, which should come from grains and legumes instead of from animal meats, should be approximately 60g for an average person. Vitamin D supplements, or foods rich in vitamin D are also good to take. Cheese contains vitamin D, but it also contains protein, so be careful with that one.

Cirrhosis of the liver is a very serious condition, but if the damage isn't too extensive, modifying the diet can help keep it from progressing.

lightNlife

The liver is a very powerful organ, and can maintain its function fairly well. The liver can continue to function even if 1/4 of it is healthy. Some of the best things to help manage cirrhosis include:

-limit protein intake
-avoid saturated fats

Eating the right foods for someone with liver problems is very difficult, usually because of decreased appetite. Instead of eating large meals, it's easier to eat several smaller snacks that are loaded with the nutrients the body needs.

The overall amount of protein in the diet, which should come from grains and legumes instead of from animal meats, should be approximately 60g for an average person. Vitamin D supplements, or foods rich in vitamin D are also good to take. Cheese contains vitamin D, but it also contains protein, so be careful with that one.

Cirrhosis of the liver is a very serious condition, but if the damage isn't too extensive, modifying the diet can help keep it from progressing.

lightNlife

-limit protein intake
-avoid saturated fats

NoExcuses

I would be careful about preparing your own HTS. the water needs to be super purified otherwise you're depositing possible bacteria into your lungs. that's not worth it and it sure is counterproductive!

NoExcuses

I would be careful about preparing your own HTS. the water needs to be super purified otherwise you're depositing possible bacteria into your lungs. that's not worth it and it sure is counterproductive!

NoExcuses

EnergyGal

I would call your local pharmacist or apothecary and see if they can order this for you. If they have trouble locating hs for you, then ask your doctor for a prescription and find a mail order company from the USA. I would only go with a well known online pharmacy. I do not know of anyone in particular but perhaps someone on this site will know.

EnergyGal

I would call your local pharmacist or apothecary and see if they can order this for you. If they have trouble locating hs for you, then ask your doctor for a prescription and find a mail order company from the USA. I would only go with a well known online pharmacy. I do not know of anyone in particular but perhaps someone on this site will know.

EnergyGal

dasjsmum

Glutathione (GSH) is good for the liver also, people with liver conditions, AIDS/HIV and ofcourse CF (probably other ailments also), have been found to have low levels of GSH, so that's well worth a look...also Chinese medicine is really helpful (from a qualified practictioner). As others have said, it could be dangerous to make your own ht/s, due to bacterial problems.

dasjsmum

Glutathione (GSH) is good for the liver also, people with liver conditions, AIDS/HIV and ofcourse CF (probably other ailments also), have been found to have low levels of GSH, so that's well worth a look...also Chinese medicine is really helpful (from a qualified practictioner). As others have said, it could be dangerous to make your own ht/s, due to bacterial problems.

dasjsmum