question about pooping

nicole781

Alexa hasn't really been pooping in the last day and a half. She went to the clinic yesterday, and everthing was fine, but then she only had a tiny little poop in her diaper late in the day.

Today she makes the poop noise and face, but when i look in her diaper, it's still just a tiny little poop.

She normally has a pretty decent size poop about twice a day. I'm starting to get a little worried, and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow, I'm going to call the clinic. Any advice? Should I even wait that long, or should I call now?

nicole781

Alexa hasn't really been pooping in the last day and a half. She went to the clinic yesterday, and everthing was fine, but then she only had a tiny little poop in her diaper late in the day.

Today she makes the poop noise and face, but when i look in her diaper, it's still just a tiny little poop.

She normally has a pretty decent size poop about twice a day. I'm starting to get a little worried, and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow, I'm going to call the clinic. Any advice? Should I even wait that long, or should I call now?

nicole781

nicole781

nicole781

<br />
<br />Today she makes the poop noise and face, but when i look in her diaper, it's still just a tiny little poop.
<br />
<br />She normally has a pretty decent size poop about twice a day. I'm starting to get a little worried, and if it doesn't get better by tomorrow, I'm going to call the clinic. Any advice? Should I even wait that long, or should I call now?

shimmereestar

She sounds like she might be constipated. Ellie went through this about 2 weeks ago. I did end up having to take her to the doctor because she was a bit dehydrated. When they did a tummy x-ray they said she was full of poop. They put her on IVs for a couple of hours to make sure she was peeing okay. After she peed twice, they sent us home. He did tell us we could get her a suppository (it is Pedi-laxx for 2-5 year olds) but we were only to use half of it because she is so young. He also said give her some apple juice or prune juice if she will drink it. After the suppository, it took about an hour but she has a poop, and she's been going since. The doctor said it might have been too much iron because we thicken her formula with rice, but not really sure what caused it.

shimmereestar

She sounds like she might be constipated. Ellie went through this about 2 weeks ago. I did end up having to take her to the doctor because she was a bit dehydrated. When they did a tummy x-ray they said she was full of poop. They put her on IVs for a couple of hours to make sure she was peeing okay. After she peed twice, they sent us home. He did tell us we could get her a suppository (it is Pedi-laxx for 2-5 year olds) but we were only to use half of it because she is so young. He also said give her some apple juice or prune juice if she will drink it. After the suppository, it took about an hour but she has a poop, and she's been going since. The doctor said it might have been too much iron because we thicken her formula with rice, but not really sure what caused it.

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

shimmereestar

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had similar issues when we began to switch him from formula to whole milk. When he really got uncomfortable, we used milk of magnesia as per our doctors recommendation to get things moving again. I also tried prunes, prune juice, but didn't seem to help.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
DS had similar issues when we began to switch him from formula to whole milk. When he really got uncomfortable, we used milk of magnesia as per our doctors recommendation to get things moving again. I also tried prunes, prune juice, but didn't seem to help.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member