Question about Tobi

just1more

Debbie, our son has cultured PA consistently since 2.

When on IV's he normally gets 2 weeks of Tobra + XXX (depending on the phase of the moon or which side of the bed Dr woke up on I think).

I would avoid stopping IV's too soon. Undertreating with abx can lead to resistance quickly.

just1more

When on IV's he normally gets 2 weeks of Tobra + XXX (depending on the phase of the moon or which side of the bed Dr woke up on I think).

I would avoid stopping IV's too soon. Undertreating with abx can lead to resistance quickly.

just1more

just1more

just1more

<br />
<br />When on IV's he normally gets 2 weeks of Tobra + XXX (depending on the phase of the moon or which side of the bed Dr woke up on I think).
<br />
<br />I would avoid stopping IV's too soon. Undertreating with abx can lead to resistance quickly.

debs2girls

Thank you everyone for your reply. I am going to insist she stay on at least one more week.

Tom, that is exactly what I thought too (lead to resistance quickly)

I will let you all know how it comes out.

debs2girls

Thank you everyone for your reply. I am going to insist she stay on at least one more week.

debs2girls

debs2girls

debs2girls

<br />
<br />Tom, that is exactly what I thought too (lead to resistance quickly)
<br />
<br />I will let you all know how it comes out.

MOME2RT

Reece is on the same combo & has been since March 20th. He goes to the dr. this fri. The doc will take him off if his PFT's are back at baseline & I feel his cough is under control, if hes eating normally & not SOB etc.

Those are usually the requirments to take him off every time. The longest he has been on them were 4 weeks...just before his surgery.

MOME2RT

Reece is on the same combo & has been since March 20th. He goes to the dr. this fri. The doc will take him off if his PFT's are back at baseline & I feel his cough is under control, if hes eating normally & not SOB etc.

Those are usually the requirments to take him off every time. The longest he has been on them were 4 weeks...just before his surgery.

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

MOME2RT

<br />
<br />Those are usually the requirments to take him off every time. The longest he has been on them were 4 weeks...just before his surgery.

JazzysMom

I have been on iv's for up to 6 weeks at a pop. Between hospital & home. Granted that I am rather sick when I start them, but years ago as a kid, 2 weeks was all I needed.

My doctor doesnt just go by my cultures tho. She goes by xrays, how my chest sounds, my cough, how my weight is etc.

Its a package deal for me. I usually have 2, but often 3 meds going. My cocktail of meds has gotten bigger over the years......

JazzysMom

I have been on iv's for up to 6 weeks at a pop. Between hospital & home. Granted that I am rather sick when I start them, but years ago as a kid, 2 weeks was all I needed.

My doctor doesnt just go by my cultures tho. She goes by xrays, how my chest sounds, my cough, how my weight is etc.

Its a package deal for me. I usually have 2, but often 3 meds going. My cocktail of meds has gotten bigger over the years......

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />My doctor doesnt just go by my cultures tho. She goes by xrays, how my chest sounds, my cough, how my weight is etc.
<br />
<br />Its a package deal for me. I usually have 2, but often 3 meds going. My cocktail of meds has gotten bigger over the years......