QUESTION ABOUT TYPE OF CF GENES

kandim

My son has cystic fibrosis he was diagnosed in 2002 at the age of 9. He just turned 19. We found out the year we was diagnosed that he had Delta F508 as one of the genes he had. Unfortunately at the time they were unable to determine what the other type was. Well luckily last year they retested him and found out his other gene type is W1098. In alot of research and talks I have seen I have never heard anyone say anything about this genotype. Does anyone else have this combination or heard about w1098. Thanks

kandim

My son has cystic fibrosis he was diagnosed in 2002 at the age of 9. He just turned 19. We found out the year we was diagnosed that he had Delta F508 as one of the genes he had. Unfortunately at the time they were unable to determine what the other type was. Well luckily last year they retested him and found out his other gene type is W1098. In alot of research and talks I have seen I have never heard anyone say anything about this genotype. Does anyone else have this combination or heard about w1098. Thanks

Havoc

You're missing a letter it seems. There are 4 mutations that begin with W1098, they are:
W1098R
W1098L
W1098X (TGA)
W1098X (TAG)

Havoc

You're missing a letter it seems. There are 4 mutations that begin with W1098, they are:
W1098R
W1098L
W1098X (TGA)
W1098X (TAG)