Question about weather...

melx

I live in Florida. My parents moved here from Michigan after my diagnosis (when I was 3)because the docs said warm salty air would be best. I can tell you that the docs were right. Anywhere there is ocean and warmth is a good place for someone with CF to live.

melx

I live in Florida. My parents moved here from Michigan after my diagnosis (when I was 3)because the docs said warm salty air would be best. I can tell you that the docs were right. Anywhere there is ocean and warmth is a good place for someone with CF to live.

melx

melx

melx

ShannonB

Thanks everyone. We really want to go to S.C or FL. near the ocean would be my choice. We thought the same that the salt air would help. we go on vacation every year to Myrtle beach and Josh loves it. Mybe someday, right now we r trying to talk Iris dad into moving so we all r down there. Her stepmom wants to so maybe soon we all can.

ShannonB

Thanks everyone. We really want to go to S.C or FL. near the ocean would be my choice. We thought the same that the salt air would help. we go on vacation every year to Myrtle beach and Josh loves it. Mybe someday, right now we r trying to talk Iris dad into moving so we all r down there. Her stepmom wants to so maybe soon we all can.

ShannonB

ShannonB

ShannonB

M

MCGrad2006

I do worse in the summer time. I live in MA and find that the hot humid summers are much more difficult...b/c on top of the heat, my allergies are TERRIBLE. This winter has not been that bad, I have been sick a few more times than normal, but not really bad.

I would think VA or the Carolinas would be good, I have always liked those areas. They are pretty and the weather seems to be more consistent than other areas of the country. AZ would be a definite no-no for me, because of the heat.

M

MCGrad2006

I do worse in the summer time. I live in MA and find that the hot humid summers are much more difficult...b/c on top of the heat, my allergies are TERRIBLE. This winter has not been that bad, I have been sick a few more times than normal, but not really bad.

I would think VA or the Carolinas would be good, I have always liked those areas. They are pretty and the weather seems to be more consistent than other areas of the country. AZ would be a definite no-no for me, because of the heat.

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />I would think VA or the Carolinas would be good, I have always liked those areas. They are pretty and the weather seems to be more consistent than other areas of the country. AZ would be a definite no-no for me, because of the heat.

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting topic. My parents live in AZ and had a neighbor wcf who'd moved from Maine and claimed her health improved significantly because of it. Though IMO, the dry climate, pollution, risk of valley fever... not so sure it'd be an ideal location for DS.

We live in the northern plains -- cold, snowy winters and usually very warm summers. Air quality is above average. DS plays outside year-round --- loves both the snow and sun....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting topic. My parents live in AZ and had a neighbor wcf who'd moved from Maine and claimed her health improved significantly because of it. Though IMO, the dry climate, pollution, risk of valley fever... not so sure it'd be an ideal location for DS.

We live in the northern plains -- cold, snowy winters and usually very warm summers. Air quality is above average. DS plays outside year-round --- loves both the snow and sun....

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />We live in the northern plains -- cold, snowy winters and usually very warm summers. Air quality is above average. DS plays outside year-round --- loves both the snow and sun....