Question for European CFers

saveferris2009

Euro CFers,

I have been learning more about a medication not available in the US, but available in parts of Europe:

Bromhexine

Can you tell me if you've used it and if so, how it makes you feel?

Thanks in advance.

saveferris2009

Euro CFers,

I have been learning more about a medication not available in the US, but available in parts of Europe:

Bromhexine

Thanks in advance.

saveferris2009

Euro CFers,

Bromhexine

Thanks in advance.

saveferris2009

Euro CFers,

Bromhexine

Thanks in advance.

saveferris2009

Euro CFers,
<br />
<br />
<br />I have been learning more about a medication not available in the US, but available in parts of Europe:
<br />
<br />Bromhexine
<br />
<br />
<br />Can you tell me if you've used it and if so, how it makes you feel?
<br />
<br />Thanks in advance.

vladober

This one is as old as it can be, for me at least, so it's been on the market for more than 30 years. I used to take it a lot when I was young, because it was one of the only mucolitics available here, either as tablets or syrup. It makes the phlegm thinner and less sticky, so it's easier to eliminate, and can also have an antitusive effect.

A more modern derivative is Ambroxol.

vladober

This one is as old as it can be, for me at least, so it's been on the market for more than 30 years. I used to take it a lot when I was young, because it was one of the only mucolitics available here, either as tablets or syrup. It makes the phlegm thinner and less sticky, so it's easier to eliminate, and can also have an antitusive effect.

vladober

vladober

vladober

<br />
<br />A more modern derivative is Ambroxol.

saveferris2009

thank you both for your replies.

Sweden uses Bromhexine and claim to have good results.

I am interested because it's systemic - I wonder if Pulmozyme gets to the site of CFer's mucus build up after broncheactasis takes hold. It also works by breaking the sulfur bonds in the mucus, which is a different MOA than Pulmozyme.

Anyway, I appreciate you all replying. I'm going to try to get a hold of it and test it out myself.

saveferris2009

I am interested because it's systemic - I wonder if Pulmozyme gets to the site of CFer's mucus build up after broncheactasis takes hold. It also works by breaking the sulfur bonds in the mucus, which is a different MOA than Pulmozyme.

Anyway, I appreciate you all replying. I'm going to try to get a hold of it and test it out myself.

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

saveferris2009

<br />
<br />Sweden uses Bromhexine and claim to have good results.
<br />
<br />I am interested because it's systemic - I wonder if Pulmozyme gets to the site of CFer's mucus build up after broncheactasis takes hold. It also works by breaking the sulfur bonds in the mucus, which is a different MOA than Pulmozyme.
<br />
<br />Anyway, I appreciate you all replying. I'm going to try to get a hold of it and test it out myself.