Question for MCGrad re: Aztreonam

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>chantelfox</b></i>

Do you have to use the E FLow for this drug, I wonder?.</end quote></div>

Aztreonam is being brought to the market with the eFlow. So yes, you can't do it with any other neb.

I'm curious how you have a hard time keeping it sterile but you don't have a hard time keeping your old nebs sterile? what do you do differently between the two nebs?

chantelfox

I don't wash my nebs daily. I keep them covered and on a clean surface, then I sterilize them bi-/weekly. I wish I could get away with this for the Eflow, but you HAVE TO wash it after every use or else the head on it clogs up and ruins the neb. Since you have to wash it twice a day, you have to make sure the water is sterile (just like any other time you wash your nebs) twice a day, as well. I know my other nebs, that I sterilize once or twice a week, aren't sterile all the time, but atleast I know they don't have bacteria from the tap water on them. (Mostly I worry about Cepacia, since they linked it to distilled water, among other types of water). In addition, I try not to handle the nebs too much, so I don't let bacteria from my hands (eventhough they are washed) in my nebs. I try to keep them as sanitary as I can for the week, until I can sterilize them. I know some people sterilize daily, but I just don't have the time with my job.

chantelfox

I don't wash my nebs daily. I keep them covered and on a clean surface, then I sterilize them bi-/weekly. I wish I could get away with this for the Eflow, but you HAVE TO wash it after every use or else the head on it clogs up and ruins the neb. Since you have to wash it twice a day, you have to make sure the water is sterile (just like any other time you wash your nebs) twice a day, as well. I know my other nebs, that I sterilize once or twice a week, aren't sterile all the time, but atleast I know they don't have bacteria from the tap water on them. (Mostly I worry about Cepacia, since they linked it to distilled water, among other types of water). In addition, I try not to handle the nebs too much, so I don't let bacteria from my hands (eventhough they are washed) in my nebs. I try to keep them as sanitary as I can for the week, until I can sterilize them. I know some people sterilize daily, but I just don't have the time with my job.

chantelfox

chantelfox

WHAATT? ...The lady from the company I got it from said I couldn't. What do you do about the head then? Boil it seperately? You can't have the head and the other parts together banging together in the same pot or dish...she was VERY serious about that. The head it too sensative and will break.

chantelfox

WHAATT? ...The lady from the company I got it from said I couldn't. What do you do about the head then? Boil it seperately? You can't have the head and the other parts together banging together in the same pot or dish...she was VERY serious about that. The head it too sensative and will break.

chantelfox

NoExcuses

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>chantelfox</b></i>

I guess....and you use sterile water to clean your nebs? </end quote></div>

yes i do