Question for the ladies...

Giggles

Diflucon is what I use. the suppositories and creams make it worse before better and can handle it so I pop the pill and presto. Sometimes while on IV drugs got to take at least 3 through out the 2 week course. Make sure it is for sure a yeast infection and then maybe get a script for diflucon. Also, discuss not doing Zithro anymore, I had to stop cause of it.

mamaScarlett

Oh yes, I get them often. Whenever I have IVs, and also occasionally bc of oral abx. For me, the zithro doesn't cause a raging one, but it will definitely cause an increase in yeast.
I would rule out bac vaginosis too, just make sure your gyn saw it, and knows for sure that it is yeast.
I've done medicated treatment for yeast before for the really bad infections. But usually, taking lots of probiotic daily will help keep it at bay.
Yeast easily accumulates vaginally which is easy to tell, but if its there its probably also in your intestines which isn't good. Taking probiotics daily helps with it.
I wish docs would tell us this stuff before we take the abx, bc it could be prevented. But its one of those things that they just seem to wait until its a problem and then deal with it.
Until you get treatment, a warm clean washcloth can help with the discomfort.

mamaScarlett

Oh yes, I get them often. Whenever I have IVs, and also occasionally bc of oral abx. For me, the zithro doesn't cause a raging one, but it will definitely cause an increase in yeast.
I would rule out bac vaginosis too, just make sure your gyn saw it, and knows for sure that it is yeast.
I've done medicated treatment for yeast before for the really bad infections. But usually, taking lots of probiotic daily will help keep it at bay.
Yeast easily accumulates vaginally which is easy to tell, but if its there its probably also in your intestines which isn't good. Taking probiotics daily helps with it.
I wish docs would tell us this stuff before we take the abx, bc it could be prevented. But its one of those things that they just seem to wait until its a problem and then deal with it.
Until you get treatment, a warm clean washcloth can help with the discomfort.

mamaScarlett

<br />I would rule out bac vaginosis too, just make sure your gyn saw it, and knows for sure that it is yeast.
<br />I've done medicated treatment for yeast before for the really bad infections. But usually, taking lots of probiotic daily will help keep it at bay.
<br />Yeast easily accumulates vaginally which is easy to tell, but if its there its probably also in your intestines which isn't good. Taking probiotics daily helps with it.
<br />I wish docs would tell us this stuff before we take the abx, bc it could be prevented. But its one of those things that they just seem to wait until its a problem and then deal with it.
<br />Until you get treatment, a warm clean washcloth can help with the discomfort.

K

Keepercjr

Jennifer - I stopped taking Zithro too lsst year for the same reason - and it was on it for YEARS. Also stopping ADVAIR helped.

K

Keepercjr

Jennifer - I stopped taking Zithro too lsst year for the same reason - and it was on it for YEARS. Also stopping ADVAIR helped.

K

Keepercjr

T

tarheel

Oh, happens to me all the time. Every time I'm on either oral or IV abx, no fail. Those yeast infection treatments they sell over the counter at the drug store work really well.

And for the itching- Azo itch releif wipes are AMAZING. (at our drug store they're oddly located (near the poison ivy wipes LOL)- you may have to hunt for them.)

T

tarheel

Oh, happens to me all the time. Every time I'm on either oral or IV abx, no fail. Those yeast infection treatments they sell over the counter at the drug store work really well.

And for the itching- Azo itch releif wipes are AMAZING. (at our drug store they're oddly located (near the poison ivy wipes LOL)- you may have to hunt for them.)

T

tarheel

<br />
<br />And for the itching- Azo itch releif wipes are AMAZING. (at our drug store they're oddly located (near the poison ivy wipes LOL)- you may have to hunt for them.)