Question on CF Fundraising

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last year we really struggled to get donations for the CF walk and assume this year will be the same if not worse -- economy, so many other walks for other causes going on at the same time, limited # of people we can ask for donations.

So this year I was thinking about doing a one true media slide show. Do they help? Thoughts, suggestions?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Last year we really struggled to get donations for the CF walk and assume this year will be the same if not worse -- economy, so many other walks for other causes going on at the same time, limited # of people we can ask for donations.

So this year I was thinking about doing a one true media slide show. Do they help? Thoughts, suggestions?

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
<br />
<br />So this year I was thinking about doing a one true media slide show. Do they help? Thoughts, suggestions?

M

Mommafirst

We have made one each year. Ours had well over 500 hits and we had maybe 25-35 people that donated through seeing it. Maybe they would have donated anyway, maybe not. I don't know. We are doing a little different one this year, my son is narrating it and its more of a video than just a slideshow.

It takes a lot of effort and it is absolutely disappointing when you don't hear back from some people even to say that it was great or informing. But for the sake of the cause, it was worthwhile in the big picture.

M

Mommafirst

We have made one each year. Ours had well over 500 hits and we had maybe 25-35 people that donated through seeing it. Maybe they would have donated anyway, maybe not. I don't know. We are doing a little different one this year, my son is narrating it and its more of a video than just a slideshow.

It takes a lot of effort and it is absolutely disappointing when you don't hear back from some people even to say that it was great or informing. But for the sake of the cause, it was worthwhile in the big picture.

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

M

Mommafirst

<br />
<br />It takes a lot of effort and it is absolutely disappointing when you don't hear back from some people even to say that it was great or informing. But for the sake of the cause, it was worthwhile in the big picture.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I don't think our video brought in any more $ but it definately brought about alot more awareness and understanding to CF. I got lots of phone calls and e-mails from family and friends. A couple friends told me they cried; didn't realize all the stuff Maggie had to do everyday to stay well. I felt I used it as a way to get to know Maggie and our family; especially for those family members and friends who live so far away and mail a check year after year but don't get to see us. So it was worthwhile...TIme consuming..I won't do one this year but I'm glad we did it.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
I don't think our video brought in any more $ but it definately brought about alot more awareness and understanding to CF. I got lots of phone calls and e-mails from family and friends. A couple friends told me they cried; didn't realize all the stuff Maggie had to do everyday to stay well. I felt I used it as a way to get to know Maggie and our family; especially for those family members and friends who live so far away and mail a check year after year but don't get to see us. So it was worthwhile...TIme consuming..I won't do one this year but I'm glad we did it.

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator

Rebjane

Super Moderator